The Great Birthday Present Hunt

Five Hargreeves x Fem!reader

Warnings: Klaus being Klaus ;)

Five Hargreeves prided himself on his precision and efficiency, but shopping for a birthday present for his wife Y/N was proving to be a challenge

Five Hargreeves prided himself on his precision and efficiency, but shopping for a birthday present for his wife Y/N was proving to be a challenge. He wanted to get her something special, something that showed how much he cared. Realizing he needed help, he reluctantly turned to his brother Klaus.

Klaus, ever the enthusiast for anything involving fun and chaos, eagerly accepted the mission. "Alright, Five! Let's find the perfect gift for Y/N. And maybe have a little adventure along the way."

Five sighed, knowing this was going to be a long day. "Let's just try to focus, Klaus. Y/N deserves the best."

They started their quest at the local mall, an unfamiliar battleground for Five but a well-known haunt for Klaus.

The first stop was a jewelry store. Five pointed to a delicate necklace. "What about this? It's elegant and beautiful, just like Y/N."

Klaus tilted his head, scrutinizing the piece. "Sure, but it's kind of boring, don't you think? Y/N is unique. We need something that screams, 'I thought long and hard about this!'"

Five rolled his eyes. "Fine. What do you suggest?"

Klaus's eyes lit up. "Leave it to me!"

They moved to a quirky gift shop filled with unusual items. Klaus picked up a bizarre-looking sculpture of a cat wearing sunglasses. "How about this? It's funky and fun!"

Five gave him a withering look. "Y/N isn't a fan of kitsch. Let's try to find something more meaningful."

Next, they wandered into a bookstore. Five's eyes brightened. "Y/N loves to read. Maybe we could find a rare edition of her favorite book."

Klaus nodded approvingly. "Now you're talking! But let's spice it up a bit. How about we get a rare book and then hide little notes inside it, like a treasure hunt?"

Five considered it, a smile tugging at his lips. "That's actually... a good idea. But we need to find the right book."

After browsing the shelves, they found a beautiful vintage edition of Y/N's favorite novel. Five paid for the book, feeling more confident about their choice.

As they were leaving, Klaus spotted a toy store and couldn't resist dragging Five inside. "Wait! We need to get something fun too. How about a giant teddy bear?"

Five frowned. "A teddy bear? Really, Klaus?"

Klaus grinned. "Come on, Five. Everyone loves a giant teddy bear. It'll make her laugh!"

Against his better judgment, Five found himself agreeing. They picked out the biggest, fluffiest bear in the store and somehow managed to carry it out to the car.

Finally, they stopped at a craft store. Klaus had one last idea. "Let's make a scrapbook of all your adventures together. It'll be personal and heartfelt."

Five nodded, appreciating the sentiment. They gathered supplies and headed back home, where they spent the evening compiling photos, ticket stubs, and little mementos into a scrapbook.

On Y/N's birthday, Five presented the gifts with a mix of nervousness and excitement. First, the vintage book with hidden notes. Y/N's eyes sparkled with delight as she read the messages Five had written.

Next, the giant teddy bear. Y/N laughed, hugging the bear and shaking her head. "This is ridiculous, but I love it."

Finally, the scrapbook. Y/N flipped through the pages, tears of joy welling up in her eyes. "This is perfect. Thank you, Five. And thank you, Klaus."

Klaus bowed dramatically. "Anything for my favorite sister-in-law!"

As the day turned to evening, Five pulled Klaus aside. "Thanks for your help, Klaus. You actually had some good ideas."

Klaus grinned. "Anytime, brother. Just remember, the best presents are the ones that come from the heart. And maybe involve a little chaos."

Five laughed, realizing that sometimes, a bit of Klaus's madness was exactly what he needed. And as he watched Y/N's face light up with happiness, he knew they had found the perfect presents after all.