Endless Day

Five Hargreeves x Fem!reader

Warnings: none

Five Hargreeves woke up one morning to find that the day was repeating itself

Five Hargreeves woke up one morning to find that the day was repeating itself. No matter what he did, every night, the day would reset, and he'd wake up to the same morning, in the same bed, with the same tasks awaiting him.

It wasn't long before he realized that he wasn't alone in this endless loop. Y/N, a woman he'd only met in passing before the loop started, was also aware of the repetition. They crossed paths at the same cafe every morning, where she seemed just as bewildered by the situation as he was.

The first few loops were frustrating. Five tried everything he could think of to break the cycle: he traveled to different locations, interacted with different people, and even tried not leaving his room at all. Nothing worked. Each time, he would wake up to the same day.

One morning, as he sat at the cafe, head in hands, Y/N approached him with a tentative smile. "Looks like we're stuck in this together."

Five looked up, surprised but grateful for the company. "Yeah. I'm Five, by the way."

"Y/N," she replied, sitting down across from him. "Any theories on why this is happening?"

Five sighed. "Not yet. But we have all the time in the world to figure it out, apparently."

Days turned into weeks, and what started as a mutual struggle to understand their predicament evolved into something deeper. Five and Y/N spent each day together, exploring the city, sharing stories from their lives, and delving into conversations that lasted hours. They found solace in each other, a rare connection blossoming amidst the repetition.

One day, as they wandered through a park, Five turned to Y/N. "Have you noticed that no matter what we do, no one else seems to remember anything from the previous day?"

Y/N nodded. "Yeah, it's like everyone else is reset, but we remember everything. It's both a blessing and a curse."

"More of a curse," Five muttered. "But maybe there's a reason why we remember."

Y/N's eyes sparkled with curiosity. "You think there's something we're supposed to do? Some lesson to learn?"

Five shrugged. "Maybe. Or maybe it's just a cruel joke."

As the loops continued, they began to test theories and push boundaries. They tried altering their routines in significant ways, hoping to trigger a change. They sought out experts in various fields, but each morning, those experts forgot the previous day's conversation.

Despite the frustration, Five found himself looking forward to each new day. Y/N's presence was a constant source of comfort and joy. He admired her resilience and her ability to find humor even in their predicament.

One night, after yet another unsuccessful attempt to break the loop, they found themselves sitting on the roof of Y/N's apartment building, looking out over the city.

Y/N sighed, leaning against Five. "Do you ever wonder if maybe we're supposed to just... live in the moment? Appreciate what we have right now?"

Five looked at her, a smile tugging at his lips. "I think I've learned more about living in the moment with you than I ever have before."

Y/N smiled back, her eyes softening. "You know, if we have to be stuck in an endless loop, I'm glad it's with you."

Without thinking, Five leaned in and kissed her. It was gentle and sweet, a culmination of the bond they had built. When they pulled away, they both felt a shift, a subtle change in the air.

The next morning, Five woke up, expecting the same routine. But something was different. The sun seemed brighter, the air fresher. He rushed to the cafe, his heart pounding with hope.

Y/N was there, waiting for him, a smile on her face. "Good morning, Five."

"Good morning, Y/N, nice to see you again." he replied, relief flooding his system. "I think... I think we did it. The loop is broken."

Y/N nodded, tears of happiness in her eyes. "We found a way out."

They spent that day savoring every moment, knowing it was truly unique. As the sun set, Five took Y/N's hand. "Whatever the reason for the loop, I'm grateful for it. It brought us together."

Y/N squeezed his hand. "Me too, Five. Me too."

Together, they walked into their future, no longer bound by the endless repetition of a single day, but free to create new memories and live a life filled with love and endless possibilities.