Protecting Y/N

Five Hargreeves x Fem!reader

Warnings: a little bit of violence

It was a sunny Saturday afternoon, and Five Hargreeves and his wife Y/N decided to spend it strolling through the bustling downtown market

It was a sunny Saturday afternoon, and Five Hargreeves and his wife Y/N decided to spend it strolling through the bustling downtown market. The air was filled with the enticing aromas of street food, the cheerful sounds of vendors hawking their wares, and the vibrant energy of people enjoying the weekend.

They walked hand in hand, enjoying each other's company. Five, ever the vigilant protector, kept an eye on their surroundings, while Y/N enthusiastically pointed out interesting stalls and quirky items.

As they stopped at a booth selling handmade jewelry, a group of rowdy men nearby caught Five's attention. They were loud and obnoxious, their voices carrying over the market's lively chatter. Five's senses were on high alert, but he chose to ignore them, focusing instead on Y/N's excitement as she admired a delicate silver necklace.

"Hey there, gorgeous," one of the men called out, his tone dripping with sleaze. "Why don't you ditch the kid and come hang out with us?"

Y/N stiffened, her smile fading. She squeezed Five's hand, hoping he hadn't heard. But of course, he had.

Five turned slowly, his eyes narrowing as he looked at the men. "What did you just say?"

The leader of the group, a burly man with a smug grin, stepped forward. "I said, why don't you let your girlfriend here come hang out with some real men?"

Five's jaw clenched. "She's my wife. And you should apologize to her right now."

The men laughed, clearly not taking Five seriously. "Oh, come on, kid. We're just having a bit of fun."

Five's eyes darkened, his voice dropping to a dangerous whisper. "You call that fun? Insulting my wife?"

Y/N placed a hand on Five's arm, trying to calm him down. "It's okay, Five. Let's just go."

But Five was having none of it. He stepped forward, placing himself between Y/N and the men. "I don't think you understand. You don't get to talk to her like that. Ever."

The leader sneered, clearly unimpressed. "And what are you gonna do about it, little man?"

Five's expression turned cold. "I'll give you one last chance. Apologize."

When the men only laughed harder, Five decided he'd had enough. With lightning-fast reflexes, he grabbed the leader by the collar and slammed him against a nearby stall, causing a cascade of fruit to tumble to the ground.

The market went silent as people turned to watch the commotion. Five's voice was deadly calm. "I warned you."

The other men, seeing their friend incapacitated, backed away quickly, their bravado evaporating. "Hey, man, we didn't mean anything by it! Just let him go!"

Five held the leader's gaze for a moment longer before releasing him. The man crumpled to the ground, gasping for air. Five leaned down, his tone icy. "If I ever hear about you bothering anyone else again, you'll wish this was the worst thing that happened to you."

The men scrambled to help their friend up and fled, casting fearful glances over their shoulders.

Five turned back to Y/N, his expression softening immediately. "Are you okay?"

Y/N nodded, a small smile playing on her lips. "I'm fine, Five. Thank you."

He wrapped an arm around her, pulling her close. "Nobody insults my wife and gets away with it."

As they continued their walk through the market, the onlookers gradually resumed their activities, though many cast curious glances their way. Y/N looked up at Five, her eyes shining with affection. "You know, I can handle myself."

Five chuckled, kissing the top of her head. "I know. But I will always have your back."

Y/N smiled, leaning into him. "And that's why I love you."

With that, they continued their stroll, the incident forgotten. Five's protectiveness had once again proven that no matter what, he would always be there to stand by her side.