Chapter forty one | Home

Micheal

When I arrived to the mansion, the guards recognized me instantly, waving me through the gates without hesitation.

I parked my bike with a growl of the engine, the sound echoing in the quiet night. Striding up to the front door, I barely had time to knock before it swung open.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Azrael shouted, glaring at me from the doorway.

"I want to see her," I said, my voice steady despite the tension.

"No! What if someone saw you coming here?" he hissed.

"I don't fucking care. I want to see her," I demanded, stepping closer. He shook his head before stepping aside, letting me in.

"Second floor, first room on your right. She put a butterfly sticker on the door," he informed me, walking away to what l assumed was a living room.

I walked up the stairs, skipping two steps at a time, and found the door he was talking about. I didn't bother to knock and burst in.

As expected, she was sleeping.

Fuck, I miss her. I want to take her home with me, but I can't.

Only a few days, Michael, only a fucking few days, and you'll give her the life she deserves.

I marched slowly to her and bent over, giving her a peck on the lips. Fuck, what's going on with me?

I can't live without her. I haven't eaten since she left; I hadn't even had a proper sleep.

By the end of the week, Bubbles will be fucking glued to my chest from how hard I press him to me at night.

I sat on the edge of the bed, taking in her beauty. Azrael bought her another teddy.

I smiled as I started running my fingers through her soft hair.

I don't know how much time had passed. I kissed her one more time before grabbing the stack of notes and the pen from my pocket.

Let's play with her a bit.

You should learn to lock your door, Jennie...

I put it on the nightstand and, with one last look at her, I walked out of the room.

I closed the door and followed the way Azrael went. We need to talk.

I found him sitting on one of the sofas with a phone in his hands. I plopped myself beside him, and he gave me a glare.

"Why the hard face?" He let out a deep breath, running his hand through his hair.

"My mafia is fucking suffocating without me there," he said, throwing his phone.

"Someone is tampering with my shipments, and there was a fire in one of my clubs," he added.

"But you told me your father is taking care of everything," I stated, crossing my arms. He snorted.

"My father, my ass. He got married again a week ago."

Fucking fuck. That man marries women like I fucking go through cups of coffee in the morning.

"Again?! Well, man, congratulations," I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Fuck you." I just kept laughing, my head leaning back against the couch.

"She is in her early twenties, for fuck's sake," he said, clenching his teeth.

"Well, to be honest, I don't know what's wrong with your father. He marries a girl to just fuck her for a few days, then throws her away like a piece of meat," I noted.