Chapter forty six | My family

Michael

Two weeks had passed, and Jennie still hadn't woken up.

I sat on a chair near her hospital bed, running my fingers through her black locks.

Her face had healed, but there were still bruises covering her chubby cheek and nose.

I went home a few times to change and shower, leaving Oliver with her and one of the trusted guards, Azrael left behind. He had left for Russia a week ago.

We signed another contract; he is now the boss of the Cosa Nostra and the Batrava, and as promised, he gave me that position in one of his companies. It's mine now.

Lorenzo was buried two days after Jennie's accident. The good part was that Lorenzo had so many haters that no one even showed their condolences.

They accepted Azrael as a boss. Timmy and Tae came to visit Jennie, and Tae apologized for his behaviour.

The times I visited home, I got Jennie a few if her things, feed Nyoka, and, of course, bring Mr. Bubbles. He was sleeping soundly beside his beautiful little mommy.

I laid my head on her stomach and closed my eyes. I hadn't had any proper sleep since her accident, and I couldn't hold it anymore.

I took a deep breath, taking in her comforting scent, and drifted off to sleep.

༒༒༒

Poke!

Poke!

Poke!

I stirred and opened my eyes, feeling a finger poking into my ear.

"H-heehee," Jennie giggled, barely able to keep her green eyes open.

I got up immediately, causing the chair to fall, and kneeled down near the hospital bed.

"Hey kitten," I said softly. "M-Micky...I'm t-thirsty," she stuttered. I turned to the table beside the bed, grabbed the small water bottle, and helped her drink some. Her throat was probably dry.

I took a deep breath. As she finished sipping her water, I got up to call the doctor. Before I could walk away, a small hand gripped mine, stopping me from leaving.

"D-don't leave m-me," she mumbled, her voice breaking.

Fuck, I hate seeing her like this, and I regret not keeping Max alive longer so I could torture him even more.

I ran my knuckles over the fading bruise on her cheek. "I'm not leaving you, kitten. I'll just call for the doctor to come and check on you," I assured her, giving her a tender kiss on her forehead.

She nodded, letting go of my hand. I walked to the door and told the guard outside to call for the doctor, then went back to sit in the chair near the bed.

A few minutes later, the doctor arrived and started to examine her, gently opening her eyes and checking her broken ribs and bruises, changing the bandages wrapped around her head. "How are you feeling, Jennifer?" the doctor asked as he finished his work.

"M-my head and s-sides hurt," she replied, searching for my hand to grab.

"That's normal. The nurse will bring some painkillers when she comes to remove the feeding tube," he said, tapping lightly on her head.

Jennie frowned, not liking his touch. "D-don't touch," she said, and I just chuckled, shaking my head.

My baby is so cute.