30

"This isn't the south, there are still people selling leeks in the middle of winter."

Ling Guodong whispered.

Although he spoke softly, it was loud enough for everyone to hear.

Ling Chuchu didn't explain.

"What are you talking about? It's good to have something to eat." Liu Fanghua rolled her eyes at him.

If someone in the courtyard heard her talking, who knows what gossip would spread.

In fact, at the beginning, she was also very curious in her heart. In the middle of winter, where did the lady get the green vegetables and fruits from?

She had asked before, but the lady just brushed it off with a few words, and she didn't ask again later.

Anyway, the lady has her own connections, and she thinks that as long as it's not something that comes from a bad source, it's fine.

People in this era would not show off even if they went to the market to buy meat. They would just cook it quietly and eat it.

"Grandpa, where are our eggs?"

The gray-haired old man sitting on the rocking chair closed his eyes, pointed to the kitchen with his cane, told him the address, and asked: "What are you looking for eggs for, kid?"

It's too strange that the grandson looked for eggs as soon as he got home.

Ye Jinchen paused and replied, "Nothing, just a friend of mine just broke an egg. Now all the shops on the street are closed, so he can't buy eggs. I wanted to give him some of our eggs."

Hearing this, the old man who was half lying on the rocking chair opened his eyes, stopped rocking, and asked, "What friend, male or female?"

Ye Jinchen: "..."

He didn't answer, and the old man didn't ask any more questions.

Ye Jinchen found the egg, separated a part of it, and then went back to the house.

When he came out again, the old man on the rocking chair found that the stubble on his grandson's face had been cleaned up.

I thought, why did this kid suddenly start to pay attention to his image? Could it be that they are in love?

Ling's house.

"Chu Chu, why did you bring this meat?"

"I bought some pork from there, so mom kept it."

She really had no shortage of pork. None of the pigs on the farm had been killed yet, and they were giving birth quickly. Now she had enough to open a pig farm.

In this era, she often went to the black market to trade, and she never lacked meat coupons, only expired ones. Before the holiday, the textile factory gave her another five kilograms of meat coupons. The five kilograms of meat coupons issued by the textile factory alone were enough for her to have a good New Year.

"You kid." Liu Fanghua didn't know what to say.

During this period, the daughter not only helped the family with food, but also brought fish, chicken, and pork home from time to time.

Poor daughter, she lost her husband early, and had to take care of two children alone, and had to face the rumors outside alone.

Ling Chuchu looked down at the watch on her wrist. It had been more than half an hour since she left the house. She was a little worried that the children had woken up. The two children were more naughty than other children, and Feifei was still young, so she couldn't take care of two children alone.