34

Ling Chuchu and her family left the hospital and walked on the street back home when they saw an old man slipping on ice.

"Dad, Mom, there's an old man slipping, I'll go take a look." After saying that, Ling Chuchu left without looking back.

After approaching, Ling Chuchu hurried forward to ask. "Grandpa, did you fall? Can you stand up?"

The old man waved his hands, "Don't worry, little comrade, please lend a hand, help me."

Ling Chuchu cooperated with the old man and stretched out his hands.

"Thank you, little comrade."

The old man stood up and thanked him.

"You're welcome, grandpa. Are you sure you don't need me to take you to the hospital?"

The old man waved his hand and said, "I'm still strong. I just fell a little. It's okay."

Ling Chuchu turned around and said to her family, "Mom, Dad, sister, you go back first."

After saying hello to her family, Ling Chuchu sent the old man back to his home and found many black and white photos in his home, including a photo of Ye Jinchen and him.

This is Ye Jinchen's grandfather.

What a coincidence.

There are also a few photos, also black and white, with lace, of a boy who looks very similar to Xuanxuan, as if they were carved out of the same mold. Ling Chuchu secretly guessed that this person must be Ye Jinchen.

"Grandpa, if you are sure that nothing serious is going to happen, I will go back first."

The two children were alone at home. Although the eldest son had the memory of an adult, she was still worried that they could not take care of themselves.

"Well, go back! Wait, take this back."

The old man gave her a box of tiaozi cake on the table.

"Grandpa, the cakes are not needed."

This is tiaozi cake. Many people have only heard of it but have never eaten it, because tiaozi cake is only sold in Beijing, and it is hard to find a place to sell it elsewhere.

"Take it. Don't you have a child at home? Take it back and feed it to the child."

Ling Chuchu looked at the old man in surprise, "How did you know I have a child?"

"You are the comrade who took the entrance exam for Peking University. Am I right?"

Ling Chuchu nodded gently.

The old man continued, "Now there are probably few people in the whole alley who don't know about you and your family."

Three college students came from one family, and one of them was admitted to Peking University, the most famous university in Beijing.

As soon as Ling Chuchu returned home, she looked after the children. She was relieved when she was sure that the two children stayed at home obediently.

"Xuanxuan is so good. From now on, when mommy does other things, you will have to take care of your sister."

Ling Yixuan: "..."

When he saw the taro cake in mommy's hand, his eyes lit up, "Mommy, is this taro cake?"

"Yes, this is what Grandpa Ye asked me to bring back for you to eat." Ling Chuchu told the truth.

Ling Yixuan of course knew who the Grandpa Ye that mommy was talking about was, it was his great-grandfather.

His great-grandfather loved him the most. He remembered that when he was a child, he always bought him taro cake.