Episode 279 Chapter 53: Shadow Cast By The Wind (1)

Shadow Cast By The Wind (1)

The first-year students were about to start tackling the Persona's analysis but were interrupted by Ryuderik's warning.

"Something's coming."

Having finished their analysis, Ryuderik and Bandiyeon stepped back quietly.

'My analysis is about 79% complete.'

This level of analysis is quite high. Even with just over 50% analysis, one can receive the 'guide line message' from the gate, which exponentially increases the strategy success rate.

The second-year students stepped back and kept their eyes on the first-year students.

Although most of the analysis was halted by the fluctuation of magical waves, the elite A-class students continued with the analysis while the others kept watch.

'Amidst this, Baek Yu Seol...'

Ryuderik frowned.

'What is he doing?'

Instead of analyzing, he seemed to be staring blankly into the air.

"Hey, look at that...!"

One of the students shouted, pointing their staff at the air.

Heeheeheeheeng...!

A bluish, translucent ghost crossed the road and disappeared somewhere.

"It's a ghost..."

"Is the theme ghost hunting?"

"Oh no! What do I do?"

"Get a grip! We've learned how to deal with ghost-type monsters!"

Though they learned about undead, skeletons, or zombies—creations of necromancers—dealing with ghost-type monsters was hardly practiced since it was technically difficult to simulate them.

Ghost-type monsters, possessing spiritual abilities, were still a mystery, making them the nemesis of magicians who rely on mathematical calculations.

In ancient times, shamans and sorcerers hunted ghosts, but as ghosts became rare in modern times, so did the shamans and sorcerers. Thus, the appearance of a ghost could turn an entire city upside down.

Though it made sense for the students to panic, Ryuderik scoffed from behind.

'Foolish freshmen. That's not the real deal.'

Soon, the students who were analyzing the situation seemed to realize something, opening their eyes wide.

"Wait! Hold on. The theme here isn't ghost hunting..."

Then, a fox's cry echoed from afar.

The students stepped back and looked up at the sky.

A pitch-black sky with a huge, silver full moon like a tray.

Against that backdrop, a nine-tailed fox cried towards the sky.

"Damn, I thought it was a wolf..."

"It's worse than a wolf—it's a nine-tailed fox! Get a grip!"

"How do we deal with a nine-tailed fox?"

"I don't know, but since it's classified as a yokai, we need to strengthen our mental defenses."

"A nine-tailed fox's cry can disrupt your mental state. Stay focused!"

Finally, the students who finished their analysis stood up, casting spells into the air, revealing the 'guide line message' and the true theme of the place.