Episode 276 Chapter 52: Practical Training (6)

Practical Training (6)

Hawol Plain, Lotus Inn

There is a gambler who frequents this mysterious inn, built atop a giant lotus flower in the sky and serving as a landmark for weary travelers.

"That white-haired old man, you mean? He hasn't been around lately."

"Yeah, he used to take everything when he came, so it's better this way."

"I hope he never comes back. He ruins the game completely."

There used to be a gambler who visited often.

Recently, however, he had completely disappeared, and in a place where gambling had become a mainstay of entertainment, no one bothered to search for the always-winning gambler.

"Miss, he seems to be nowhere. Since that day, he has completely vanished."

It had been two weeks since they started searching for the gambler, presumed to be Silver Eleven.

With no progress, they turned to the Lotus Inn as a last resort, but no one knew his whereabouts.

"...This is troublesome."

Jelliel touched her lips and stared at the inn with a hardened expression. People nervously hid their cards and dice as they watched her.

(TL: best girl is here)

Jelliel was the one who had swept away all the gambling here, making it somewhat legal, but still, people felt uneasy.

"Let's move somewhere else. I think people are uncomfortable because of me."

"...Ah! Yes!"

The wizards who followed her were slightly surprised by Jelliel's unexpected words.

It was because Jelliel, who never cared about others, had naturally said something considerate.

In the VIP room of Star Cloud Trading Company on the top floor of the Lotus Inn, Jelliel sat at her desk and sighed.

It had been about a month.

Since the day Silver Eleven came to save Baek Yu Seol, she had been persistently tracking his whereabouts, but to no avail.

It was strange.

Before, she could always find some trace of him.

Silver Eleven liked to live among people, and a little inquiry was usually enough to find him.

But recently, from a certain point, Silver Eleven had completely disappeared.

Jelliel unlocked a drawer, took out a yellow file, and pulled out a photo from inside.

Aither's Far East, Istus Highlands.

Celestial Dragon Cliff.

This place, which had refused human footsteps for a hundred years due to the erosion of dark magic despite its dazzling beauty, had recently been completely destroyed.

In the photo, the Istus Highlands bore no resemblance to the once beautiful Celestial Dragon Cliff. It looked as if several meteorites had fallen or a giant had trampled it.

'It was reported that at least two instances of magic power over Class 9 were detected there.'

It had been investigated that Silver Eleven's last trace headed towards Istus Highlands, so it was likely that he had clashed with someone and disappeared after destroying Celestial Dragon Cliff.

'Could he have died there...?'

No. That couldn't be.

Silver Eleven was an omnipotent being who controlled time. He wasn't someone who would die easily. If so, there must be another reason why he hid himself...