Episode 286 Chapter 53: Shadow Cast By The Wind (8)

Shadow Cast By The Wind (8)

The Feng Empire, known for its vast lands, had only recently begun to embrace the culture of erecting tall buildings. Within an 18-kilometer radius of the royal palace, there were regulations against constructing buildings above a certain height, making skyscrapers rare.

However, the wealthy always find ways to flaunt themselves, and thus, foreign-style high-rise buildings started to appear, even leading to the establishment of a so-called 7-star hotel.

This place has now become a resting spot for distinguished guests.

Of course, it should have been a completely different story for a commoner like me, but this time, I exceptionally had the chance to visit the 'Hotel Cheongpadan,' a 120-story building regarded as a sanctuary for nobles, located in the Feng Empire's Taeyu Mountain.

Thanks to the collaborative item technology with Altericia, I was generally treated as a VIP, but I usually didn't bother with such things. However, the person sitting across from me had a different demeanor.

"You brought me to such an expensive place."

Jelliel, the daughter of the Star Cloud Trading Company.

One might think elves usually live in forests and eat grass, but Jelliel seemed to be a high elf thoroughly soaked in capitalism.

Just by looking at the elegant way she cut her steak, it was clear she was used to eating meat.

"By the way, I was lucky to run into you there."

Meeting Jelliel right after coming out of the Persona Gate was truly fortunate. We could immediately reserve a VIP room at the Fengryeong University Hospital under the name of Star Cloud, and even if dark mana were detected in Anella's body, Jelliel was someone who could keep it quiet.

She was also my only helper who could protect Anella until she entered Stella.

Technically, Altericia was my most reliable ally, but in terms of power, Jelliel was one of the most trustworthy individuals.

Compared to Hong Bi Yeon, who still couldn't wield her power properly, Jelliel was in a position to perfectly manage both wealth and authority from the start.

"Thank goodness..."

When I said it was lucky to run into her, Jelliel looked momentarily flustered, and then I heard a faint snicker from beside her.

It was Princess Hong Bi Yeon.

Radiating an even more noble and dignified atmosphere than Jelliel, she quietly whispered while sticking a fork into her salad and sweeping her hair back.

"Lucky... People's fates are indeed mysterious. Don't you think, commoner? To meet someone, who should have been in the Hawol Plains with, at the entrance of the Persona Gate by coincidence."

Her tone was subtly sarcastic, but wasn't it really a coincidence? Jelliel wouldn't have come looking for me on purpose.

"Isn't that what luck is? It's quite fascinating."

As I replied casually, poking my steak with a fork, Jelliel let out a subtle sigh of relief, while Hong Bi Yeon irritably stirred her salad with her fork.

It occurred to me that the two really didn't seem to get along. One was a woman full of anger inside, and the other, though cold-headed, was completely mad.

I thought something might explode if they stayed together, but since we were already having a meal together, there was nothing I could do.

A little battle of nerves wouldn't hurt.