chapter 38: nervousness

Sam's POV:

I was on my laptop on the bed, Bacon stretched out beside me. I saw the little red dot on his nose, and scratched behind his ears.

What happened there?

He huffed a breath nudging the laptop off my lap and got in my lap licking my face. I laughed, knowing I'd never get tired of him. "Sweet boy..." I muttered hugging him to my chest as he curled up in my lap. He was a big dog but wanted to be treated like a baby sometimes.

I could relate.

"Sam?" Dean's voice broke my thoughts as my gaze snapped from Bacon and up to a stressed dean standing at the door. I sat up immediately. "Hey Dean, what's up?" I raised a brow.

Dean looked relieved when he saw Bacon in my lap, and I saw (Y/N) behind him. She rushed into the room, "Thanks Sam..." she breathed rushing over and taking bacon from my lap.

She rubbed his ears before walking with him out the room and Dean followed with a smile. I sighed, frowning a little. I hated how things were always taken from me.

I mean I get it's their dog.

But he's my best friend.

Maybe they'd all be better without me here. Maybe I don't matter. Bacon doesn't need me.

Nobody does.

Dean's POV:

I walked with (Y/N) back into the living room happy she was happy again.

I'd come to love bacon too, and it felt like me, (Y/N), and him had become this small family. It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

But knowing it would end in 10 months made that fuzzy feeling fade a little. In 9 and a half months, the love of my life would die.

Be torn to shreds.

I smiled, trying to not ruin the mood, sitting next to (Y/N) putting an arm around her as she kissed Bacon's head and repeatedly apologized.

I kissed the side of (Y/N)'s head, burying my nose in her hair.

Her hair always smelled so good.

I heard her giggle a little as bacon jumped from her lap, scattering off probably back to Sam's room. "Are you smelling my hair again?" she grinned at me.

"Guilty as charged, sweetheart." I winked at her, and she gave me a sweet smile. I wanted to see her blush, so I leaned down kissing her neck. She gasped and instead of simply blushing, she grabbed some of my hair pulling it.

That made me blush. I continued kissing her neck, planting little pecks all over as she giggled and squirmed a little. I put my hands on her hips to stop her from squirming, and kissed up her jaw and pressed a kiss to the corner of her lips.

I saw her finally flushed cheeks and pulled back sitting up right again with a smirk. "It worked..." I muttered with a small grin. She scoffed, putting her hands on my shoulders.

"You tease."

I laughed a little as she pushed me down, just laying on top of me. It was a nice feeling.