chapter 40: goodbyes.

(Y/N)'s POV:

"Dean... you know the hellhounds won't stop until they have me. You know that."

I sighed, knowing Dean won't stop until he gets his way. I love him so much...but he can be so stubborn sometimes.

"But I can try." He replied, another sigh leaving my lips.

__________________________

I glanced back at Dean's sleeping form one more time, he had planned on keeping me safe today. But he would've gotten hurt, so I was getting Sam to drive to my old house. This is where it was going to happen. Everything was going to end how it started.

I sighed, putting on my shirt and walking out. Tears pricked my eyes as I turned back once more to glance at the note on the desk. The note was a bunch of stuff all together, and the two rings lay ontop of it.

They had to go to someone.

I walked into the hallway, wiping my eyes and watching as Sam grab the keys. He glanced back at me and whispered across the room, "Hey. You ready?"

I nodded silently, following him with tearful eyes that I soon realized matched his.

I walked out to the car with Sam, and I sat in the passenger seat. He looked at me for a long second, before turning the radio on. It was a song Dean listened to all the time.

I would miss him so much.

We soon arrived at my childhood home, and Sam pressed his lips into a firm line. "We're here..." he sniffled, and I turned to face him.

He scooted closer, wrapping his arms around me. I squeezed my eyes shut, a sob leaving my throat.

"Thank you..."

He muttered into my hair, hugging me tight. "For what?" I replied, pulling back to look at him.

"Making us happy. Especially Dean."

I smiled bitterly, reaching for the door handle. Sam did too, making me freeze.

"You better stay in here... Don't wanna risk anything." I replied, kissing his cheek hugging him again, unable to help myself.

"I love you, (Y/N)." he whispered as I watched more tears escape his eyes. He smiled through tears, giving my shoulder a pat.

"I love you too, Sam... you know that." I got out, closing the door and walking inside the house.

Sam's POV:

I felt so bad for not telling Dean. The guilt was eating me up inside. I could literally fucking scream right now.

(Y/N) was Dean's happiness. And he literally offered to put himself in front of her so he would protect her. I didn't want to do this... but (Y/N) was right. Dean would be putting himself in danger if he tried to keep her safe. And those hellhounds definitely would not give up until they had (Y/N) dead.

I watched as she walked inside the simple looking house. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do now.

Wait until she's eaten?

Drive off and leave?

I didn't want to do either of those. So, I just sat there in thought.

I was even breaking Hazel's trust. I hadn't told her about this...

She was peacefully sleeping at home. In our bed.

It wasn't fair. Why did anyone have to die. Someone's always dying. It's not fair.

Dean's POV:

I shoved the covers off myself, feeling emptiness next to me in bed.

I turned on the lamp, seeing rumpled sheets, and no (Y/N).