Come back to me

"It has been three weeks Blinky, when are you going to go and finally look for him!" Claire yelled since the attack on Laura's party Jim was missing. "We're trying our best Claire, look the amulet hasn't chosen a different Trollhunter, that means he is still alive " "But for how long, for all we know some military squads could have captured him and could be pulling him apart!'' Claire was very upset at what Toby had just said and refused to listen to their excuses  anymore as she was about to leave she turned around and looked at what she thought where her friends "The worlds not perfect but it's not that bad as long as we have each other, Jim told me that the day I  found out I was pregnant, I was so afraid that it felt like I could not breath he didn't give up on me and I'm not going to give up on him. You of all people should know that, Toby. I have to pick up Laura'' Claire said trying not to cry, on the way to the preschool Claire only thought about that day and what she could have done differently she should have never let him go, she should have staid by his side, all these thoughts and emotions running through her mind felt like she was slowly suficating . When she arived at the preschool Claire was suprised to see Laura hugging Jacob,a s she walked closer she noticed that her daughter was crying.

"I promise Laura till your dad gets back I'll protect you; you will forever be my one and only and i promise no monster will ever hurt you princess, please don't cry princesses aren't supposed to cry '' Jacob said and gave Laura a squeeze ''Thank ...

"I promise Laura till your dad gets back I'll protect you; you will forever be my one and only and i promise no monster will ever hurt you princess, please don't cry princesses aren't supposed to cry '' Jacob said and gave Laura a squeeze ''Thank you Jacob and you are and will forever be my hero'' Laura said when she finally saw her mother she walked to Claire and Jacob's smile faded to a sad expression and Laura  waved goodbye. '' Claire, how are you holding up?'' Kori asked while she held Sophie's hand '' I'm trying it is just a bit hard'' Claire replied and gave a fake smile. Everyone in Arcadia could feel the pain that surrounded the Lake family "Jim will come home soon i just know it.'' Kori said and Claire gave a small nod and left, hand in hand with Laura. 

The following days where no different as far everywhere Claire went, she was showered in apologies and people saying that they understand her pain, how could they possibly know my pain constantly ran through her mind, after months of waiting and hoping Claire started to lose faith ''He's  not coming back is he Angor " Claire said with tears rolling down her face '' Nothing is written in stone you proved that to me  a hundred times over mistress and there is no force in this world that would keep him away unless he couldn't do anything at the time.'' '' I know that Angor, but it has been months what if there is a possibility that he really is gone, how am I going to tell Laura her father isn't coming home?'' Claire sobbed and covered her face with her hands ''I don't know what to tell you but i will go look for him again if he is out there, I will find him'' Angor said and left. That night while Laura was asleep in her bed Claire cried in the silence of her own room holding Jim's favorite jacket '' Jim if you are out there somewhere please come home i can't do this alone not again, you left me once don't leave me for a second time ........ please come back to me'' Claire sobbed, still holding Jim's jacket she cried herself to sleep wishing that her beloved would come home.

Meanwhile in a small village of trolls a hundred miles away Jim woke up in an unfamiliar room ''What, where-where am i?'' Jim said and tried sitting but felt a sharp pain in his side ''glad to see you awake Trollhunter ''an unfamiliar voice said as Jim examined the troll in front of him, he felt a sudden dread   flooded his body "My wife and my daughter where are they?!'' "Sorry Trollhunter but you were the only one to wash up in our tunnels a few months ago'' ''What a few months!! I need to get home back to Arcadia, back to my family, back to her'' Jim said as he tried to stand but fell ''Trollhunter you are in no state to stand let alone walk, you must rest, it would in any case be in fain we are a hundred miles away from trollmarket'' the troll said with concern '' A hundred miles won't stop me from getting home not even a sword in my chest will stop me'' Jim said determined he got up and called on his armer "Hold on Claire,  I'm coming home'' 

A week had passed since Jim woke up and he was determined to get home his feet aced from walking, his body swollen in pain and his heart pounded in his chest as he got closer to home each day and finally after all the hours of pain he made it, ''Never thought i would be glad to see the forest'' Jim laughed "Mister Lake?'' a young voice asked, and Jim jumped "Jacob what are you doing here in the middle of the day?'' Jim said as he walked to the small boy ''I promised prin .... I mean Laura, I would find you for her and i guess you found yourself instead'' Jacob laughed. Jim didn't know what to say, the fact that this young boy was willing to look for him or the fact that he calls his daughter princess. ''Well i guess you should keep your promise then take me home Jacob'' Jim said with a grin.

In trollmarket Laura was sitting outside her home's front door, ''Where are you daddy?'' she sighed.

Claire walked out the front door and looked at her daughter with a heavy heart she thought today would be the day she had to tell her that Jim wasn't coming home ''Laura come here there is something I need to tell you

Claire walked out the front door and looked at her daughter with a heavy heart she thought today would be the day she had to tell her that Jim wasn't coming home ''Laura come here there is something I need to tell you.'' Claire said and picked laura up and held her tight. ''Laura, you know that daddy has been gone for a while, well the truth is that Daddy might not come home '' ''But daddy said no matter how far or how long it takes he would always come home.'' ''I don't think that he will this time, we might ne ......'' "Daddy!!!'' before Claire knew she turned around and, in an instant, tears ran down her face.

There right in front of them Jim stood holding Jacob's hand "Jim!!!'' Claire yelled, Jim instantly let go of Jacob's hand and wrapped his arms around Claire and Laura ''You came back!!! You came back to me, to us'' Claire cried holding on to him f...

There right in front of them Jim stood holding Jacob's hand "Jim!!!'' Claire yelled, Jim instantly let go of Jacob's hand and wrapped his arms around Claire and Laura ''You came back!!! You came back to me, to us'' Claire cried holding on to him for dear life "Nothing could keep me away from you, Jacob actually helped me, he found me in the woods'' just then Laura managed to escape the hug of all hugs ''You kept your promise'' Laura said and gave Jacob a peck on the cheek. Jacob turned a bright shade of red, Jim and Claire where just as surprised ''Geee t-thanks Laura'' Jacob said, and Laura went back to her parents. ''Daddy'' ''Yes baby?'' Jim said and slowly knelt down to Laura's height ''Don't ever do that again'' Laura said and hugged him.