f o r t y e i g h t. Happy Birthday Jugnu (1)

f o r t y  e i g h t. Happy Birthday Jugnu (1)

"So, Mowgli, how was the 8D movie experience?" 

Jugnu was blown away by the 8D movie they watched right after her mother's old tape. She couldn't believe that there was something as fun as watching a movie and experiencing it at the same time. Although she hated the part where a spider popped out below the seat and sprinklers scaring the living daylights out of her, she loved the overall experience.

"I LOVED IT!" Jugnu walked hand-in-hand with her parents as they walked through the lawn heading towards the Khurana House. "Let's do it again, sometime." 

Pranati and Reyansh shared a smile.

"Definitely, what about summer vacations?" Reyansh suggested while Pranati watched Jugnu's happy smile falter. "You, and me. And if sadu wants, she can join us too."

"HEY!" Pranati gasped, taking full offence at that nickname. "I am not a sadu." She pouted when she looked at Jugnu, hoping she'd be back to her happy self. 

"DM, you are a tiny bit sadu..." 

Pranati's mouth remained ajar when Reyansh and Jugnu joined their alliance, the former picking her in his arms. She watched the father-daughter duo laugh at her like she was the funniest thing they had ever seen.

"I cannot believe that I am getting bullied by the both of you!" 

Reyansh placed Jugnu on his shoulders, she sat with her legs sprawled on Reyansh's shoulders and her hand holding her father's arms. 

"We are just stating a fact, sadu." Reyansh raised his eyebrows. "Right Jugz?"

Jugnu nodded fervently from the top. She looked like the happiest kid there was being on her father's shoulder. She felt like the king of the world, just by being the center of parents's world. 

If only they didn't separate, she hoped, then maybe everything would be perfect. 

"I cannot believe you two are ganging up against me." Pranati feigned anger, folding her hands across her chest. "I really need another member in my team." 

Jugnu giggled, "how about you give me a baby brother and then you'll have one for your team." 

Both Reyansh and Pranati were shocked, to say the least, at that vile statement. They looked at each other and for a second, everything else seemed blurry. The flashbacks of last night and all their nights immediately overwhelming them. 

"Oh my goodness," Jugnu rolled her eyes asking her dad to place her down. "Why are you two so cute and annoying at the same time." 

Pranati cleared her throat, trying really hard to hide her blush while Reyansh knelt down besides his notorious kid. 

"Mowgli, you really want a baby brother?" Reyansh ignored the way Pranati was glaring at him, "but I thought you loved being your DM's ekloti baarish?"

Jugnu frowned, "Wait, that is true. If you two have another baby, I am not going to be DM's ekolti baarish anymore." 

"Haan, you won't be." Pranati added to Jugnu's confusion, "Imagine, you will have to share everything! Your food, toys, Jaana, the Khuranas and your parents." 

Jugnu looked at her parents' and pressed her lips thoughtful about something. 

"I don't have much toys to share and I am not that big of a foodie anyway." Jugnu shrugged, smiling at her parents and being a step ahead of them, "and don't you say that, daatne se pyaar badta hai!" 

"Baatne se-" Reyansh corrected his kid, "who teaches you these words?" 

"Haan haan, baatne se." Jugnu pulled her mother down, and held their hands in hers. "And imagine, my baby brother! I will bully him so much..." Jugnu bit her tongue, "I mean love him so much. And then imagine how much fun we'll have, and I'll finally have someone my age to be with."