#31 {Dance of Eunoia}

(Just a suggestion- listen to Cigarettes After Sex to set the mood of the story (⌒‐⌒) )

_____________________

Saturday evenings were for you and Kenma. It is a time for bonding and a time for what the two of you felt were right to do without judgement. Evenings that turn into early mornings in just a blink of an eye when you're with each other's company. A sweet platonic bond between a boy and a girl.

You were slumped down on the couch, wincing about this week's events to Kenma. He watched you on the smaller couch, legs up and curled in a lazy position. He watched you talk. Watched how your expression would change. Watched your gestures. When it stated that he watched you, he quite literally did- observing every aspect of you.

The night wasn't getting any younger as time passed. Neither of you initiating to go to bed to savour the moment.

Kenma was a bit sleepy due to streaming for six hours earlier. You were too, but you were also determined to keep ranting about this week. Another abnormally hellish week, going through piles of work that your professor had given. You swore if you didn't have a rant buddy like Kenma, you would be deranged.

Thus, neither of you wanted to sleep.

"Oh, and hear this! He kept telling us to repeat the essays just because he didn't like a WORD that we used like ONCE!" You brushed your hand through your hair like you were about to enter a boxing competition.

Kenma sat silently, amused in how angry you could get. He chuckles in response shortly after.

You sighed, crossing your arms and furrowing your brows as you spaced out, looking at the wall. Cigarettes After Sex was blaring through the speakers, not too loud to disturb the neighbours but loud enough for the tune to connect the two of you.

"But the week's over, isn't it?" Kenma spoke, and you faced him. He gave you a soft smile- a gentle expression seeming like he was saying you did great.

You didn't know if it was the drowsiness that got him acting like that or what. You paused for a bit before returning the smile- stomach turning in a pleasant way.

The two of you stayed like that for a while, not breaking the eye contact held. It wasn't awkward. It was just right.

Of course, Kenma was the first to fold. "Fuck.." He cursed in his mind, feeling his ears burning up. He took a deep breath and slowly looked away from you, making sure his hair covered his face as he looked to the side.

You raised a brow from this but didn't think too much of it.

"Wanna hear about my week?" Kenma spoke again but did not bother to look back at you. You hummed in response, and he nodded.

"Well.." he started. "Kuroo and Shoyo put my hair into pigtails and braided it." He irked.

You watched how his movements turned sour, which got a laugh out of you.

"Don't laugh... it's embarrassing!" He exclaimed, facing you.

"Do you have a photo?" You stopped laughing and looked back at him with a grin. He scoffed, throwing the small pillow of the couch that he held by his stomach at you. You caught it and continued to laugh again.

"First off, it ruins my narrow field of vision when they do that. Second, they were just playing with slime before they decided to touch my hair!" Kenma frowned.

"I had to wash my hair five times after that!"

His voice and pacing started to accelerate. You watched as he blabber on about how annoying his friends were. How he complained over something small. You liked him like that.

"You're laughing again, y/n!" Kenma pouted.

Well, it wasn't like he was upset that you were laughing. He wanted to laugh along with you but had to put up an annoyed expression. His lips just curved into a small smile, which he hid from you.

"I just think you're adorable." You said in between a fit of giggles. Your words were clear, but your mind was not due to the exhaustion. It was around twelve in the evening, after all.

Kenma raised his head, and his eyes widened as sudden adrenaline rushed to his face once again.

He didn't know what to say, nor does he want to just end off the conversation as your words were the last.

He stayed quiet.

Letting your giggles be his focus over the blaring music.

As you realized his silence, you stopped and looked back at him. He was looking away.

Reality finally hit, and your words sunk into your mind.

"Oh, I didn't- sorry!" You hurriedly apologized in case you had upset him.

No response. His face was still looking the other way.

You panicked, thinking you just made the room awkward.

Touch by Cigarettes After Sex started playing.

Before you could speak again, Kenma stood up and offered a hand.

He was looking directly at you, and you looked back up at him, confused. The dimly lit room made it hard to see his expression as his hair blocked the light while staring at you. But, one thing's for sure, he was smiling.

"Care for a dance?"

Your shoulders tensed up, feeling a faint red hue travelling through your face.

You took his hand as he effortlessly brought you up to your feet. He gently placed his other hand on your back while shifting his other to intertwine with yours.

-

'Because I want to do everything that you want me to'

-

You followed and threw your other arm over and around his shoulder.

There, you finally saw his face that was just inches away. His eyes stared into yours softly. He didn't have any intentions of looking away anymore that night.

-

'It's leading me on, every time we touch'

-

He started the dance, taking the lead. The tune was slow paced and the two of you swayed to the melody.

He was careful in guiding you, taking a step back in every sway.

You didn't know what to think of this moment. You were sure this was trespassing boundaries more than platonic, but you didn't want to assume. This dance was just another thing that felt right for tonight.

Due to how close the two of you were, you both could practically hear each other's heartbeats.

He motioned you to twirl and you followed. He quickly caught you in his arms again and resumed dancing.

Sunday started off with a dance. It started off with a touch instead of waking up alone.

As the music continues to play, the position escalated into one that invites the other to be closer. Kenma's other hand travelled to your waist, and you with your other around his other shoulder.

There were no major steps, just slow swaying.

It was all too peaceful and the both of you craved for this moment to never last.

Your head rested on his chest, hearing the beat of his heart more clearly that was in sync with yours.

Kenma closed his eyes, smiling with your embrace.

"I think... you're beautiful, y/n." He whispered into your ear but you have no energy to react intensely to his saccharine words anymore. Your smile grew.

"You're charming, Kenma." You lastly said before the two of you let yourselves be devoured into the endearing night.