Chapter Nineteen- The Impending Conversation.

Happy TAOS Tuesday! I need to finish this book before the end of the month! I got a job and start on August 1st... so from now on this book will be moving fast... 

I know it is a little early for me to update...

Enjoy! <3

Hyunjin's POV

The first thing that caught my eye when I pulled up was Wonyoung standing behind a drawn curtain, her silhouette visible through the window, making my heart jump with fear at the unknown.

What was to happen tonight? I wasn't sure, but this needed to be taken care of. My peace of mind depended on it.

I brought the car to a stop in front of the looming mansion, shifted it into neutral, gently pulled up the emergency brake, and hesitated to turn the engine off. Instead, I cranked up the AC to the coldest setting, opened the glove compartment, and reached into it, searching for the familiar box of cigarettes.

I placed it between my lips, and with a gentle tug on the lighter, I lit it, feeling the rush of nicotine rushing through my veins as I inhaled the toxic smoke, making the cherry crackle alive and shine bright.

Yeah, I know...

Smoking is not good for my health. Blah, blah, blah...

The thing is that smoking has become a coping mechanism for my anxiety and the only thing that calms me.

I need it.

I am anxious.

I know I am addicted to it, and I have tried to break the habit, but it is hard when my life is surrounded by lies that anyone could uncover at any moment.

I once tried vaping as an alternative— it was a huge waste of my time and money. The thing didn't last me a day before it was empty. I mean, I guess it is my fault because I spent the entire day sucking on it like my life depended on it. Still, as soon as it started to taste bitter, I rushed back to the convenience store to get another pack of cigarettes to satisfy my body's craving for nicotine.

Point made. Waste of time.

Anyway, I guess I overstayed my welcome in the car because when I looked between the swirls of smoke curling before me, my eyes were met with her standing on the porch, arms tightly crossed, and an unmistakable look of anger on her face.

It was almost comical.

She knew very well that I could see her, but she couldn't see me.

My car windows are blacked out with the darkest window tint available on the market. So so dark that no matter if it was day or night or how long you squinted your eyes, there was no way for someone to see inside.

Her frustration only seemed to grow the longer I took to get out of the car, which in turn made me chuckle audibly. She must have heard me because she stormed over to my car, stomping her feet on the ground pavement like a child, until she approached the driver's side and rapped her knuckles against the window with such force that I feared it might shatter into a million pieces.

"Give me a second!" I called out, but she only glared at me, baring her teeth in a display of pure frustration.

She rapped her knuckles against the glass one more time, desperation evident in each thud. "Hyunjin, open that fucking door now!" Her voice rang out, filled with frustration.

The anger on her face was palpable.

It seemed as though smoke might start billowing from her ears at any moment. Her cheeks were flushed crimson with fury, and her eyes were shooting metaphorical daggers at me.