Chapter Twenty-Two- His Shadow.

❤️

Hyunjin was in the middle of hurriedly trying to clean himself up when the incessant vibrations of his phone made it impossible to concentrate

Hyunjin was in the middle of hurriedly trying to clean himself up when the incessant vibrations of his phone made it impossible to concentrate. Each call felt like a relentless assault on his patience, and by the tenth time, his frustration had reached its peak.

It was the only day he allowed himself to give in to the voice in his head who asked to go after Felix, and someone was trying to fuck up his plans.

Running his fingers through his jet-black hair, he muttered a curse under his breath, "Damn it," as he fished his phone out of his pocket to answer it.

With an exasperated hiss, he pressed the answer button without even bothering to check the caller ID, and snapped, "Don't you get the hint? Huh?" A brief pause for a sharp intake of breath was followed by, "When someone doesn't pick up the phone, it's either because they're busy or they don't want to talk to you."

Struggling to maintain his composure, he continued, "What the hell! I'm deliberately ignoring you, for fucks sake, so stop calling." He emphasized his frustration, adding, "It's my day off, for crying out loud. Can't I never have some peace and quiet?"

Then, to his dismay, a familiar, high-pitched voice broke through the tension wall in his head when they uttered his name, "Hyunjin?" It sent a jolt through him, making his insides curl.

The raven rolled his eyes, and with an irritated tone, he asked, "Wonyoung? What do you want?"

"I thought you said that you were going to be working all day again," Wonyoung asked, making her voice sound sweet and caring.

"Yeah... I am working," he replied, the lack of interest evident in his voice. "I am at work... Again, what do you want?"

Wonyoung let out a long, exasperated sigh before lowering her voice to a whisper. "You fucking liar. You are not in your company."

Hyunjin turned to look out the window, scanning the parking lot to see if she had followed him there. "Yes, I am," he persisted.

"Are you in the privacy of your office, then?" Wonyoung questioned softly. "Hmm? Are you going to lie again?"

"Yes," the raven affirmed. "Where else should I be?" Hyunjin paused to think before he added, "I had important things to take care of, and I thought we came to an understanding the other day. You shouldn't be calling me Wooyoung."

"Yes, we did, but it seems like you're not being truthful with me. Do you want to know how I can tell?"

Hyunjin let out a sigh as he asked, "How?" though his lack of interest was evident.

"Well, I'm here in your office, Hyunjin, and you are not. No wonder why your assistant was making a big fuss with me being here," Wonyoung whispered, adding, "Oh... And I am here with my father. He needed to discuss some important wedding-related matters with you, and you weren't here when you said you would be after I texted you this morning."