13

|3rd person POV|

"Father, you wanted to meet me" said Mehmet as he stood in front of his father's desk.

"Yes" he stood up and looked at his son "Let's sit down and talk a little"

Mehmet nodded and the two sat on the sofa.

Sultan Suleiman began to speak in a calm tone "Many sultans ruled Manisa when they were princes, and that gave them a lot of experience" He smiled slightly "I was also a prince in Manisa, and when I heard the news of my father's death, I was there" He paused for a while as he looked at Mehmet's hopeful gaze and said "I thought about your request a lot and I see that apart from your mother's constant worry, you should go and have a good experience there"

Mehmet's eyes widened in disbelief as he said "Really? father!"

Suleiman smiled "Yes, I trust that you are a man who will take responsibility" He raised his hand "But in order for your mother to be comfortable, we will increase the protection, I do not want you to be away from the guards ever"

Mehmet nodded his head happily then stood up without realizing it, this was his dream, going to Manisa meant the world to him, he looked at his father then took his hand and kissed it "Thank you, father, I promise you I will make you very proud"

Suleiman nodded his head slightly "InshAllah" He continued talking to his son even though he was feeling anxious, he was putting his only son in great danger but he saw that this was the right thing to do.

_____

Hürrem Sultan stormed into her son's chamber saying "Is what I heard true, Mehmet?!"

Mehmet turned to her then put some papers on his desk "What is happening, mother?"

She approached him with a pale face "The Sultan agreed to you going to Manisa"

Mehmet understood what is going on, he wanted to tell her himself because he knew that her reaction would not be good, but unfortunately you cannot hide anything in this palace.

He smiled at her a little then took her hand "Let's sit down first"

Hürrem sighed as she sat next to him impatiently "so it's real, my worst nightmare has come true"

Mehmet raised her hand and placed a kiss on it "Mom, dear, you know that this is something that has to happen, I can't be kept here my whole life"

Hurrem's eyes filled with tears "But.."

Mehmet interrupted her sentence "Let's not discuss these things, I promise you that I will be fine, you can come whenever you want and I will follow any advice you give me but please I want you to support me in this"

Hürrem felt speechless as she knew her son's desire, but her concern for him made her not think of any other possibilities, she moved her head a little as she held his hands "You are under Allah's protection, I will pray for you day and night"

____

|Nurgül's Pov|

I didn't sleep well last night, all I could think about was what I did and how I was about to end Mehmet's life, they are forcing me to do this and they don't know that when I see his smile I feel like I want to give him the whole world.

When it was time for lunch I was about to leave the room when Fahriye Kalfa came in.

"Nurgül Hatun, I swear to you that at this point you must share your gold with me" she said putting her hand on her waist.

I laughed a little at her appearance "Why?"

She pointed with her hand "şehzade Mehmet is waiting for you in the special place in the garden, he will have lunch with you there"