18

|Nurgül's POV|

Another two weeks passed very slowly, now after a month I became sure that Mehmet really doesn't want to see my face or hear my excuses.

My biggest fear has become the fate of my family and my child, I know that he will be a prince or a sultana so no one will do anything bad to him and his father will take good care of him because I can't deny that Mehmet is the best and kindest person I have ever met. But they will take him away from me as soon as he is born and they will kill me, they will deprive us of each other and I hope that this doesn't happen because I want my child more than anything else.

At least the best thing that has happened over the past two weeks is that Ayse has been spending a lot of time here with me after she asked Cemre Kalfa to be my maid here and help me in the last months of pregnancy, of course at first Cemre kalfa refused but after a lot of insistence she agreed. Ayse staying here is very good but sometimes I get embarrassed when she keeps asking me why I am staying in this isolated room.

"Oh my God this is what was missing!" Ayse said with annoyance as she entered my room in the morning and behind her was a maid carrying breakfast for me.

"What happened?" I said worriedly as I stood up.

"Dear, calm down, don't worry" Ayse said, then she motioned for the maid to leave after she had put breakfast. When this happened, she quickly approached me, sat down and pulled me by the hand "Eylem has started giving birth to her child"

I don't know why, but I felt anxious, not because I was afraid if the baby was a boy, but because I thought that Mehmet would be happy because of her and all I did was cause him a lot of sadness.

"That's good, I don't care" I said coldly as I looked out the window.

"In about three months you will give birth to your child and you will be happy" she said with a smile, but she had no idea who I was and what awaited me.

A few hours later, Cemre Kalfa came just to make sure that everything was okay because this was her job. I think they were afraid that I would cause any problems or something like that.

"Cemre tell me, did Eylem gave birth to her child?" Ayşe said quickly.

"Yes, thank God" Cemre Kalfa looked at me with strange looks that I really don't understand. Sometimes I feel that she is helping me and sometimes I really see that she hates me, maybe because of what she heard about me.

Ayşe raised her eyebrow "A şehzade or a Sultana"

"A şehzade and after a while Hurrem Sultan will arrive with his name" Cemre Kalfa replied calmly while scanning the room with her eyes as if she was searching for something.

"Isn't Sultan Suleiman supposed to be the one to name him?" I said while looking at her with surprise.

She nodded "Yes but he is very busy these weeks so he has already chosen a name a few days ago and will send Hürrem Sultan and he will come later" She turned to leave "Hürrem Sultan will stay here for a long time, it must be hellish weeks"

After she left I turned to Ayse and without realizing it my eyes were filled with tears and I said to her "Ayse, I have lost hope and faith I need something, I want to learn about your religion"

____

|3rd person POV|

-Two months later-

"There's something wrong" said Hurrem as she walked around her room and thought carefully "It's been two months and I haven't seen her, how rude!"

"Sultana, even şehzade Mehmet hasn't met her during the time we've been here" said the maid as she tried to come up with a convincing answer with the Sultana.