24

|Nurgül's POV|

I opened my eyes to find myself lying on my bed and before I could comprehend anything I heard Alice's voice next to me.

"Thank God" she put her hand over mine "You scared us Nurgül"

I turned to her to find another woman next to her who seemed to be a doctor, I sighed a little because of the pain I was feeling in my head.

"What happened?" I asked in a low voice, the last thing I remember was crying in my room.

"You fainted from exhaustion about an hour ago" the doctor replied "You have to pay close attention, you are a mother and your babies need to be breastfed"

I started to adjust my sitting position and asked worriedly "Where are my sons?"

Alice smiled "Calm down, Elif takes good care of them" she was silent for a while then added "The harem is turned upside down because of what Eylem said but.. is it true?"

My eyes filled with tears "Alice, you are my friend and I swear to you that I considered you like my sister.. I don't want you to see me as a traitor, even though they forced me to do so, but when I lived with you, I started to love you all and felt like I was one of you"

Alice moved her head "I also considered you a friend since the first day... It's just strange to know these facts, but I promise you that nothing has changed"

Before I could answer her, the door opened and Safiye Sultan entered.

"Nurgül, my dear, how are you now?" She asked as she stood next to the bed.

I lowered my eyes, remembering everything that happened in the harem, the news must have spread everywhere by now.

"I don't know.." I said calmly.

She came closer to me and sat next to me "Dear, don't worry, everything will be fine.. sultan Mehmet returned to the palace a few minutes ago and when he finds out, he will hold everyone behind this accountable"

I raised my eyes to look into her eyes "They did this on purpose"

She nodded "Yes, but they will regret it very much"

A few minutes later, we heard the sound of Mehmet's arrival being announced, everyone stood up and bowed, but I remained lying on my bed due to exhaustion.

"Out, all of you!" he said angrily as he entered the room, I lowered my eyes as everyone left the room.

"Nurgül, are you okay?" he said as he sat next to me.

I opened my lips but the words refused to come out, instead I felt tears falling from my eyes profusely... I need him, he is the only person who cares about me and the only one I can share my sadness and pain with.

He took me in his arms and started running his hand through my hair and back "Calm down.. It hurts me to see you crying"

After a short while I raised my head, his presence here next to me made me much better than before.

He took my face in his hands and looked into my eyes "All I want you to care about is yourself and our sons... Nothing more" He pushed my hair back "I will take care of it.. That time she wasn't punished because she was pregnant but this time she will never escape my wrath"

I spoke calmly "They did this on purpose, Mehmet... Now everyone will despise me"

He raised his eyebrow "No one would dare to do that" He placed a kiss on my forehead "I love you"

I smiled a little trying to forget about it "I love you too"

----------

|3rd Person POV|