32

-Ten Years Later-

|Nurgül's POV|

In the last ten years life has been rather quiet, our main goal was the state... Mehmet spent most of his time trying to solve financial problems which unfortunately turned out to be much more serious than we expected, this caused him to only go to two campaigns in ten years.

We had a beautiful daughter named Aysun who is now nine years old and then my son Orhan who is seven years old... After him we had my daughter Aydan who is five years old, right after her birth I got pregnant again but when I got sick with fever I lost the baby... It was a very difficult time but in the end I got my youngest şehzade, Murad who is now two years old.

Selim, my eldest son, I am grateful every day because although I did not give birth to him I had the honor of being his mother... He is now eleven years old but he already acts like a wise man, he takes care of all his brothers and sisters and not a day goes by without him visiting me and telling me about the events of his day.

Hafize and Razye are married now to two viziers whom Mehmet trusted very much, and they also had wonderful children... Mihrimah remained in exile while her other sister, Hurrem Sultan's daughter who was married in a faraway, died four years ago.

My sister Elizabeth, whose name is Esmanur now, married the governor of Sakarya six years ago... While Matilda, whose name is Hülya now, married a very wealthy man three years ago.

Mehmet and I got married five years ago and we still spend long hours in the garden from time to time.

                  ---―✧˖° ♛ °˖✧―---

Elif put a crown on my head as a final touch, I looked at my appearance in the mirror with a smile then took the small bottle of parfum and put a little on the sides of my neck.

After finishing, I headed to the valide safiye sultan's chambers to check on her, she had been tired for the past few weeks...

The door opened and I saw her still in her nightdress, sitting on the sofa with my nine-year-old daughter Aysun next to her.

"Sultana" I smiled as I sat next to her and then looked at Aysun "Since when did you wake up?"

"I wasn't feeling well so I came early to spend some time with my grandmother" She stood in front of us "Now I'm starting to feel sleepy I'm going to sleep"

Safiya Sultan smiled "Okay go.. you should rest"

I watched her then turned to Safiye Sultan "What's wrong?" I asked her curiously, Aysun loves me very much but she doesn't tell me most of her secrets.. she tells Safiye Sultan everything.

"She had a nightmare" She sighed a little "And the strange thing is that I also had some nightmares the past few days"