35

|Nurgül's POV|

While I was carrying my two years old Murad on my lap and talking to Orhan, Alice burst into my room looking like she had just seen a ghost.

"Sultana" she put her hand on her chest catching her breath "They've arrived!"

I gave Murad to Elif and quickly stood up "Who? What are you talking about?"

"Sultan Mehmet" she quickly replied.

A big smile appeared on my lips and I quickly approached her "Oh my God he arrived early!" I was heading to the door until she stopped me.

"No" she lowered her head "the Sultan is not well"

Suddenly I felt shock and panic coming like a sudden storm destroying everything in its path.. It was as if the ground had split under my feet and all the lights were focused on this moment when life seemed to have stopped.

 It was as if the ground had split under my feet and all the lights were focused on this moment when life seemed to have stopped

Without realizing it, my feet were taking me to his room. I always went to him with enthusiasm, seeing his face blossomed my heart and lit up my face, but this time it was different... The road seemed long, dark and miserable.

Without paying attention to anything else, I was in my own world... My mind stopped working at that moment and all I felt were the mixed and complex feelings that my heart was sending me.

I entered his room ignoring the guards, Aymen Pasha and the doctors who were all moving and talking...

My thoughts began to race and intersect as if they were searching for a meaning to what had happened... I saw him lying on his bed, sweat covering his face and body... My heart broke into a thousand pieces, each one carrying a great part of the pain... I wanted to cry but I found it difficult to do so as if even that simple act required great strength that I did not possess.

I was pulled out of all of this by Aymen Pasha's voice as he repeated my name more than once... I turned to him and whispered in a broken voice "How?"

“He was hit by a poison-covered arrow in the battle” He lowered his eyes in despair “It’s been two weeks and he’s still in the same condition”