29

|3rd Person POV|

In the middle of the night, Nurgül was sitting with Mehmet on the balcony of his room... She couldn't sleep, and he also said that he's not feeling well, but he didn't know why.

"Your Majesty" a voice said from behind them, it seemed to be one of the guards "Aymen Pasha says he must meet you urgently"

Mehmet sighed and then stood up "Problems never end day and night" He looked at her with a smile "I'll be back soon"

She nodded with a smile and watched him leave.

"Your Majesty" Aymen lowered his head "I received tragic news from the old palace"

"Is Selim okay?" Mehmet said quickly.

. Ever since his son was sent there, he had never been comfortable.

"The prince is fine, but..." He paused for a moment, then continued "Valide Hürrem Sultan... Died"

Mehmet froze in his place, trying to comprehend what he had just heard... Out of all the possibilities, this was something that wasn't even on his mind.

"How?" That was all that came out of his lips.

"She was poisoned, even her maid who tasted the food died" He shook his head "We are investigating the matter... May God have mercy on her soul, Your Majesty"

At this point, Mehmet had completely lost his patience... Since ascending the throne, he had not seen any comfortable days, one problem after another, and now his mother's death! How was he supposed to deal with this at this time... Why? He was waiting for his mother to become sensible, for their relationship to improve and perhaps he would forgive her for all the bad mistakes she had made! But now she had left.

"Who dared to poison her?" He shouted loudly and at this moment, Nurgül approached him from behind.

"Mehmet" she put her hand on his shoulder while her eyes were filled with tears, it seemed that she heard what happened "Calm down a little" It didn't hurt her that Hurrem died, she killed her mother and deserved to die in the most horrible way but the tragic thing about this is that the man she loves more than anything else just lost his mother and looks more broken than ever.

Mehmet at this moment is no longer a sultan, a father or a strong man, he is now a son who lost his mother, it doesn't matter if She was bad or good, in both cases she carried him in her womb and took care of him throughout his childhood years.

He sat on the ground announcing his brokenness while Nurgül sat next to him and took his face in her lap trying to comfort him... Aymen's eyes also filled with tears at this scene, his lifelong friend who he used to see cheerful and positive all the time, now he looks at his weakest state and whoever sees him now will not believe that he is the sultan of the world.

Mehmet began to remember his childhood memories with his mother, her sitting with him and her advices to him, his great admiration for her red hair and her bright laughter.... He wished he could bring her back and change everything that happened in the past, because while comparing his mother years ago with his mother in recent years, he felt as if they were two different women.

After more than an hour of crying in Nurgül's arms, Mehmet gathered his strength a little, because the only thing he could do now for his mother was to find the traitor who killed her and take revenge for her.

-Five hours later-

Mehmet had arrived at the old palace, saw his mother's body and spent some time with her, then personally supervised the investigation into her poisoning case... He gave orders to imprison the cook and then headed to check on his son.