34

|3rd Person POV|

-A month and a half later-

In the heart of the battlefield, where the sky meets the dust, the atmosphere was charged with tension and anxiety... The sun was sneaking through the gray clouds, illuminating the face of Mehmet who was riding his horse, wearing a shiny armor that shone in the sunlight and holding in his hand his sword that his father had given him... Around him, his soldiers surrounded him like a wall.

While the flags were fluttering high in the air, the enemy army set out from the other side, showing their determination to undermine the resolve of the Sultan and his soldiers... The horses were racing, the bows were chanting, and the arrows were shooting like falling stars in the battle sky.

Mehmet felt the hearts of his soldiers racing, so he shouted, calling on everyone to fight bravely... His words were like bullets, filling their hearts with strength.

The battle broke out, as screams and shouts of enthusiasm intermingled... The blows were moving between the soldiers, and it seemed like a horrific dance to the tunes of war... Every sword and every arrow told different stories.

Mehmet quickly raised his sword and in the blink of an eye he had ended the life of one of his enemies, he quickly turned and began to move his sword skillfully, making the blood of everyone who crossed his path flow, behind him was his loyal lifelong friend Aymen Pasha who had devoted all his past years to serving the state and the Sultan.

In the midst of the violent battle, while Mehmet was leading his soldiers, a group of enemies had hidden in the shadows, waiting for the right opportunity... Five soldiers, trained in the arts of camouflage and concealment, were determined to implement a malicious plan that would ensure the end of Mehmet's life.

Some voices rose in the background, causing chaos... At that moment, one of the enemies fired an arrow targeting the Sultan's heart... The arrows were flying in the air like a deadly ghost, heading towards their target.

Mehmet did not feel the danger looming over him, as he was busy directing his soldiers in battle, suddenly, he felt a sharp sting in his arm... He looked down, to find the arrow had pierced his armor, and his blood was dripping onto the ground... It was not just an ordinary arrow.

His heartbeats accelerated, and he felt dizziness creeping into his mind, he was having difficulty breathing, he realized that the enemies had executed their plan, and he needed to stand firm, all that came to his mind now was his family, he had made a promise to them, he said that he would return.

The battle around him continued, but all he could see was a thick fog covering his eyes... The voices were getting farther away, as if time had stopped... With every step, his strength was fading.

Aymen Pasha rushed towards him shouting "The Sultan!! He must be pulled out of the battle" He looked at Mehmet who could barely open his eyes "We will get you out of here"

Some soldiers followed him to provide protection for their Sultan while despite all the dangers that surrounded them they succeeded in pulling him away... but they did not know that the enemies mission was already over as that arrow alone was more than enough.

-----------

|Nurgül's POV|

I was standing on Mehmet's balcony, the weather was nice and the view of the flowers in the garden was very beautiful, the light wind was moving my hair strands and caressing my skin softly, it seemed like I was in heaven.

I smiled when I heard Mehmey's voice from behind me calling me as usual with the nickname he had given me many years ago "Butterfly".. I turned towards the voice but I didn't find him.

Suddenly I felt a strong wind from behind me and when I looked back at the sky, the atmosphere suddenly changed and the garden disappeared to reveal towering black mountains, the leaves of the trees were flying violently and the gray clouds covered the sky... Has heaven turned into hell?

My eyes widened and I started to slowly step back when I saw many arrows in the sky heading towards me... They looked like raindrops.

I woke up suddenly, my heart was beating as if it would explode from the intensity of the terror... I looked around with wide eyes as if I was searching for something to reassure me, but all that surrounded me was darkness.

I stood up quickly, I was only wearing a white nightgown so I put a shawl over my head and walked out of the room walking through the dark corridors of the palace.

I felt short of breath as if these huge walls started to shrink and might swallow me at any moment.

"Open the door" I said to the guard after standing in front of Mehmet's chamber... He kept his head down then opened the door for me to enter the room eagerly, I wanted something that belonged to him and after the panic because of the nightmare all that came to my mind was to come to his room as this place belongs to him and pulsates with his name.

I went out to the balcony and a cold air hit my face that made the shawl fly off my head... I stood there praying for him, I had a bad feeling and I wished for a miracle to happen.

------

"Nurgül, wake up it's cold here" I opened my eyes to Hafize Sultan's voice, I turned around to find myself sleeping on the balcony and the morning had come "What are you doing here? I came to your room and they told me you were here"

"I must have fallen asleep here without realizing it" I sat up straight then she sat next to me "I had a nightmare, I have a bad feeling"

She sighed and lowered her head "Same thing for me" She put her hand over mine then stood up "Come on you have to go inside it's a bit cold here"

---------

|3rd Person POV|

-Two weeks later-

They had been moving non-stop for the past two weeks, Mehmet was unconscious most of the time and the doctors were trying hard to save him, the arrow he was shot with was full of poison and as soon as it penetrated his armor, the poison started spreading in his veins.

Aymen Pasha raised his head and when he realized that they were approaching, he whispered "Thank God" After a short distance, they were finally in the palace, even the guards seemed surprised by this sudden arrival.

Aymen got off his horse and started shouting "Come on! Take the Sultan inside and I want the best doctors to come immediately!"

Everyone quickly went to carry out their tasks while Aymen followed the Sultan who was being taken to his room, unaware of what was happening around him except for hearing some incomprehensible words from time to time.