22

|Nurgül's POV|

I checked on the twins and then went back to Mehmet and spent the night with him. Early in the morning he received news that the spy had delivered the letter to one of his men, and on his way back he was caught by the guards.

Mehmet got ready and left because he would personally execute that traitor. After that, we would wait for any news from Mehmet's men who would catch up with that other traitor. If our plan succeeds, Mehmet's enemies will be killed and my family will be restored, if they are still alive...I don't want to think about any bad possibilities.

I started walking around the rooms anxiously... I sent Fahriye Kalfa and told her to tell Aymen Pasha that I wanted to meet him on an urgent matter and without anyone knowing... I turned to the door and saw her enter quickly.

"He said that he would meet you in the garden" she said in a low voice.

I moved my head and took a shawl to put on my head "Okay, let's go"

We went out to the garden carefully, then I found Aymen Pasha waiting for me in a place out of sight.

"Sultana" he said while lowering his head then added "I heard that you want me for an urgent matter, I hope it is something related to the state"

I moved my head "Of course it is" I sighed a little "I need your help"

He raised his eyebrow in surprise "For what?"

"I know that you can't stand me and all that stuff, but if you want the best for Sultan Mehmet, then I am just like you" I raised my head "We must get rid of Rustem Pasha"

He didn't seem shocked as if what I said was normal.. He sighed a little "I heard some rumors about him" He moved his head "What do you want?"

"He's a traitor and his wife is helping him embezzle money because she doesn't want him involved" I added in a low voice "I just need one piece of evidence to prove it and you can help me with that"

He paused as if he was thinking about it for a while then said "As you said, I want the best for the Sultan even if it involves members of the dynasty"

I raised my eyebrows "So you're going to do it?"

He nodded "Yes, it's time to make some changes" He moved away a little "I'll work on it and try to find any concrete evidence"

I nodded "Okay, I'll wait"

--------------------------------

|3rd Person POV|

Eylem's maid quickly entered her room "Sultana".

Eylem looked at her "Shhh, Selim just fell asleep and you're going to wake him up" She stood up and put him in his bed then approached her maid "What?"

The maid's eyes widened "You won't believe what I saw"

Eylem raised her eyebrow "What?"

"Nurgül secretly met Aymen Pasha in the garden" the maid said quickly.

Eylem put her hand over her mouth "Are you sure?"

The maid nodded "I swear to you that I saw them with my own eyes, since she left her room I followed her and I never expected that she would meet him"

Eylem smiled with satisfaction "Then we will wait for them to meet again and find something that proves their relationship, Sultan Mehmet will not expect this betrayal"

------------------

-A Week Later-

|Nurgül's POV|