38

|Nurgül's POV|

While I was sitting in my room drinking some coffee and reviewing the harem tasks with Fahriye Kalfa, the door opened and Alice quickly entered.

"What's the matter?" I stood up quickly without realizing it "Is Orhan okay? The children?"

"Calm down Sultana" She raised her hand "The şehzades and sultanas are fine"

"Then what's the matter? Why do you seem to be in a hurry?" I put my hand on my chest.

"Aymen Pasha asks to meet you on an important matter" She moved closer to me "It's about what happened to Şehzade Orhan yesterday"

"Fahriye, we will continue our work later" I put a shawl over my hair and covered my chest and then left the harem heading to Aymen Pasha's office... The door opened and I entered to find him standing waiting for me.

"Sultana" he lowered his head respectfully.

"Tell me, is there any news?" I said impatiently waiting to hear any good news.

"The investigation lasted for hours and thank God we found who put the poison in the dessert plate..." He was silent for a long time which made me sure that there was something else.

"Aymen Pasha" I raised my eyebrows "Tell me everything you know"

"In fact" He raised his head and looked at me "Their target was şehzade Ibrahim and şehzade Bayezid as we found the poison in their plates only and fortunately the two of them did not eat the dessert but unfortunately şehzade Orhan ate a little from Bayezid's plate"

"Where is this dirty traitor" I squeezed my hand angrily "Bring her now!"

Aymen Pasha moved his head then signaled to one of the guards to bring her while I stood in front of the window thinking deeply, why would they target Ibrahim and Bayezid? Who would want to do this?... Many questions were running through my mind but I kept my silence until the door opened and when I turned around I saw two guards throwing a woman to the ground, I know her ... she is a woman in her forties who has been working in the palace kitchen for many years.

"You traitor" I approached her with slow steps "Why! Who ordered you to do this?" I wanted to control my nerves trying to find out more information.

She raised her head and looked directly into my eyes "You will never know" Hatred and malice began to cover her eyes and she did not seem afraid at all "My mission failed but rest assured that you and your family will be destroyed"

My eyes widened and before I could do anything she pulled out a small dagger from under her dress and stabbed her neck hard... All this happened in less than a second which made me speechless... I quickly turned to Aymen Pasha and motioned for them to remove her body from the room.

"Did you see?" I started walking anxiously "She wouldn't do this on her own, she must be loyal to someone"

"Someone with influence and power, Sultana" He nodded "We must protect Sultan Selim and his brothers well"

"I will do what is necessary" I nodded slowly thinking "I have some ideas"

Before I left, Aymen Pasha stopped me and said "Sultana, I have other good news"

"What is it? I thought we would never get any good news" I stood still waiting for what he would say.

"The man who shot the late Sultan Mehmet with arrows" I turned to him quickly then he continued "He was finally caught after our men had been searching for him for months"