Shapeshifters

♥️✨♥️✨♥️✨♥️✨♥️✨

♥️✨♥️✨♥️✨♥️✨♥️✨

Elora's POV

We ran through the dense forest until we finally reached where Matisa and her clan hid. I have gathered that Matisa came to a neighboring Pack near Hunter's pack just a few months after  Abbie disappeared.

She disguised herself as the Luna of their pack after she killed the real Luna. That's when all the kidnappings began to rise in numbers again. She didn't find an end to her insatiable desire to eat souls. And given her hatred toward our kind, she relished the thought of eating their souls. It was like killing two birds with one stone.

She was filling her darkness and killing our kind as well. Santiago played a great part in all this. She had made a pact with different alphas for years, promising them power and sleeping with them. They fell deeply into her trap, and she ensured they were cast under her love spell.

Whatever she commanded of them- they did. And that included kidnapping girls from all over.

But when most of the alphas were taken down, thanks to Hunter and his friends, she had to find a way to disguise herself. So, she killed the real Annalise and pretended to be her. I feel awful for the old lady, thinking she was housing her granddaughter all this time when, in reality, she had the wretched Matisa herself.

"Mati!... come out, come out, wherever you are!" I called out mockingly, chuckling as I hid and my men waited for my signal.

The witches shrieked, standing on guard quickly. I could see them agitate, and they began to call out their powers. Hands ignite in shades of blues, greens, and fire-like. I chuckle as I see them groan. It was as if they thought they had a chance against me and my men. What a fucking joke.

I waved my hand and extinguished all of their firepits and sources of light. Lucky for us, we could see in the dark; the perk of being a wolf was that we had perfect night vision. Unfortunately, they could not; even with their powers, if I wanted, they could be blinded. I began to repeat a chant my mother taught me, making these hags blind to their surroundings.

I could see the terror in their faces begin to take over.

"Take them out," I whispered to my beta, making him nod.

They moved quietly. One by one, they shifted onto their wolf and began to attack. The growling terrified them, making them attack blindly, only to attack each other, missing my men.

"Elena, we're here. Where are you?" I asked her through our mind link, but I did not get a response, which worried me.

"Elena... Elena, answer me. What's wrong? Where are you?"

"N-not, yet... wait... for Abbie. She... she's the only one... that can end Matisa now, Elora. You... you have to stay away from her. She's too powerful. Save...save Anthony. If anything happens to him, it will end his line. He's the last of his lineage. We have to... save him." she says, angering me.