29.Saving Amanda?

Almost home. It's been a blast but this story is almost done, 1 more chapter, or maybe 2 after this one, so I hope you guys have had a good time reading. That being said, Dick Wolf owns and I just like to stir shit up, enjoy!

.

"You know, the doctor did suggest that you take at least six weeks off work, would it kill you to slow down a bit?" David asked. Now that he had the family together at The Hamptons estate, he wanted so much to keep them there just a bit longer.

"Yes, actually it would. I've been taking it easy for three weeks now, it's time." She said as she took the tart from the oven and David handed her a plate. Olivia actually couldn't wait to get back to work. She needed something to keep her mind off Nick- or so she thought work would. The truth of the matter being when all would be said and done and the work was done, every night she'd go home and there he'd be; holding her thoughts hostage.

"Olivia, you know, I've told you a thousand times since the girls were born, you don't have to work."

"Here we go again... Hand me the powdered sugar."

"Yes again; our children like having their mother around... I like having their mother around" she smiled as he got the sugar from the cabinet and gave it to her. "Liv, let me take care of you" She was about to say something when the girls ran into the kitchen.

"Hi" they said happily.

"Hi...what's going on?" Olivia wondered, a smile on her face and turning to look at David who gave a shrug.

"Okay, what's up?" He said. The twins looked at each other with smiles on their faces then turned to face their parents.

"We were thinking..."

"Oh boy" Olivia joked as she finished the fruit salad.

"Mommy!" They whined and went to curl up to David, one on either side.

"Uh oh!" David laughed

"Daddy, would it be okay if Brittany and Zoei came over tomorrow?" Sophia started.

"And stayed the week?" Aria finished and they both looked up and smiled as bright as they could. David looked at Olivia for help.

"Hey, don't look at me. I won't be here so this is all on you" she said and went into the dining room carrying the last three dishes.

"That's right! Your mother won't be here, so, sorry girls!"

"Daddy!"

"Sorry kiddos!" He cupped both their faces, they stood there looking bereft. Olivia came back and saw their faces and immediately piped up.

"What's wrong?"

"Ah, they can't have a sleepover with Brittany and Zoei for the week because you won't be here, they're kinda pissed." Olivia felt bad so she offered them this:

"Okay, how about I ask their mom on Friday when I come back and you guys can have the weekend?"

"Can we?" They exclaimed excitedly.

"Promise."

"Thanks mommy" They both yelled before hugging her tight.

"You're welcome..." She kissed them both. "Come on, let's go have brunch and we'll watch movies before I have to go.." She said and took their hands to lead them away.

"Come on daddy." Aria said as she grabbed David's hand and they walked out together.

.

Sunday should have been a day for rest and relaxation but that wasn't the case, Nick, try as he might had been up all night thinking about he and Olivia...and David and Olivia, he could see at the party yesterday how comfortable they seemed around each other but at the same time he could see what he'd done. She'd been inseparable from David the rest of the party but he knew it was only because he'd hurt her, he caught her eyes more than a few times and he could see it, she was wearing it and he'd never felt so bad in his life! For the first time, he realized what he was doing to her; she had messed up, there was no sidestepping that but then so had he. Two nights with Julia, two nights that he never admitted to Olivia because he wanted to believe that somehow he was justified in cheating though he knew it was wrong, two nights where he was with a physical copy of her but he needed to believe that he was right in creeping around, they were after all technically broken up, and he had thought that she cheated with David at least one of those times but the truth was he was wrong, especially when he slept with Julia the first time. When Olivia told him about David, all he saw was his anger. He didn't take the time to understand, didn't take the time... Now he was afraid that it was too late and he wondered if perhaps...