31.Beginnings and Endings

Well y'all, last chapter. Thanks to everyone who has been reading this, thanks to all future readers. It's been fun but all good things must end.

.

3 and 1/2 weeks prior...

"Well, you are pregnant; about 5 weeks." Dr. Harman told her.

"About? There's no way to pinpoint that?"

"Based on your last period and the blood test, that's about as accurate as I can be."

"Um, I... Please don't judge me" Olivia stated.

"I'm in no position"

"I uh... I was kind of... With...2 men in...sort of close proximity and well, the condom broke and at first I didn't think anything of it, we had used them before, they break sometimes so I didn't think I had anything to worry about. I mean that was the last time with either of them for a while then I took a test and I just assumed that it was David so I told him and then the broken condom came back to my mind and I just...I need you to be sure!"

.

1 month later, Olivia's apartment...

She thought about that conversation every day of the last month and now as she lay in bed trying not to throw up it was even more persistent in her mind. She wished that she hadn't told David about the pregnancy, told him he was the father but at the time she honestly had so much on her plate she didn't think for a minute that there was even a remote possibility that this could be Nick's baby yet here she is.

She told David right after her appointment 3 and 1/2 weeks ago, not wanting there to be any secrets between them but there was still the matter of Nick; she hadn't told him and because she wouldn't be able to have a paternity test for a few more weeks; what if this baby turned out to be David's like she thought it was, would it make sense to get Nick's hopes up? This was the reasoning she held so far for not telling him but later today she would be seeing the baby's first sonogram and David would be there with her and she couldn't help but think that if on the off chance that this did turn out to be Nick's baby how unfair this was and she touched her stomach- it was still raging and she fought even harder not to throw up as she heard David come in.

"I got you some crackers and ginger ale." David said upon entering he and Olivia's bedroom where she was curled up in a fetal position in bed. it was seven o'clock in the morning and she had been quite sick since 5:30, up alone and vomiting,not wanting to wake anyone. She spent about 20 minutes on her knees in front of the toilet emptying her stomach of last night's dinner before she crawled back in bed and went back to sleep and was right back at it just before seven when he was in their bathroom showering. He immediately ran from the stall to see about her, holding her hair and rubbing her back. Now as he came around to her bedside, she looked way worse.

"David I can't" she said weakly, choking on the words and not bothering to look at him or even sit up. She instead pulled the covers up around her and sank beneath them.

"Liv it'll make you feel better if you eat" his voice was gentle and caring as he spoke. He hadn't been there for this with the twins and had no idea it could get this bad and he felt terrible for causing her such discomfort as he stroked her hair that stuck out from beneath the covers. He was sure that he was the father of this baby even though she told him it might be Nick. "Please baby"

She thought about taking a few bites of the crackers; they did help. Elliot had told her that when she found out she was pregnant with the girls, but right now she knew that if those crackers touched her lips... "No. I just wanna lay here...I'll eat them in a little while, I just wanna..." She quickly jumped out of bed and ran for the bathroom, throwing up.