16.Old habits

Hospital...

"I'm thinking more along the lines of small...very small" Olivia informed her fiancé. Tired of being in bed, she was trying out crutches and had done a pretty good job of making her way down the hall and back - it was as far as the doctor would allow her to go and now as she made her way back to her room, she and Nick were discussing wedding plans.

"Exactly how small?" Nick asked as he held open the door to the room so that she could come through

"Um..besides us; Fin, Amanda, Don...Melinda your mom and the kids?"

"Wow, when you say small, you're not kiddin around!" he mused as he helped Olivia onto the bed "Easy baby" he reminded as he carefully began propping a pillow under her injured leg.

"Well, of course I'll send and invite to Simon and Tracey...thanks baby" he gladly accepted the kiss she offered him as gratitude for making her comfortable. "...but I'm not sure if they'll make it"

"So...possibly 12 people?" Nick grinned as he sat beside her

"15 if we're counting plus ones"

"And you can't forget..."

"I didn't" she smiled at the thought

"You sure about this? I mean it's your first and hopefully only wedding, do it big"

"When have you ever known me to be frivolous? I figure that instead of dropping 30-40 grand for our wedding, we can use that money to start looking for new place, neither of us have the space for three kids."

"You're really ready for this huh?"

"I said yes didn't I?"

"You did." he smiled as he leaned into her for a sensuous kiss. He pushed her back against the pillows as he pressed against her and she found her hands roaming the expanse of his chest as a moan escaped her mouth while they continued kissing, quickly pulling apart when they heard people outside the door and just in time for it to open.

"Up for another visitor?" Fin asked as he ducked his head into the room

"The more the merrier!" Liv smiled, arms outstretched as Amanda walked in to the room.

"We'll give you guys some time" Nick said as Liv and Amanda hugged, winking at Olivia before he and Fin left the room.

"I was so worried about you!" the worry was obvious in Amanda's voice as she took a seat on the bed beside Olivia "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine...though I could ask you the same" Olivia said, alarmed as she touched Amanda's bruised face "What's all this?

"I slipped getting out of the pool...a little too much champagne..."

"Mmm"

"Tell me they caught the sumbitch who did this to you."

"He's um...I shot him"

"Dead?" Olivia simply nodded, still affected by having had to take the man's life. "Tell me he didn't..."

"No; he tried but..."

"Oh my god! Were the twins home...are they alright?"

"They're fine, slept right through it thankfully. They're with their dad and Gina."

"I am so glad you're ok" Amanda cried as she again threw her arms around Olivia. "I can't remember the last time I was so scared!"

"I'm sorry you cut your trip short. Thomas must be pissy about that"

"We broke up...it's a long story"

"Honey I'm sorry" Olivia said in spite of being secretly thrilled. As far as she was concerned, Thomas was a jerk and she was glad that Amanda had gotten away from him.