14.Cleanup

Morocco...

Thomas was absolutely livid upon discovering that Amanda had somehow gotten away from him. After searching the boutique and berating the salesgirls, he had his driver come around and take him back to the house, hoping that she had found her way there and would be waiting for him.

"Angel?" he called the moment he rushed through the doors "Angel, are you here?" he called again and again as he walked through the many rooms, angered further that he was met with silence every time. He made his way back to the living room, at this point looking as if he was about to suffer an apoplectic fit as he gave one last call.

"Angel, we both know that I do not take well to being toyed with" he said loudly, trying to keep an illusion of calm in his voice from where he stood in the center of the room, still believing that she was somewhere in the house and could hear him.

"So come out from wherever you are and all will be forgiven" he promised and paused, waiting for a response

"Angel...?" still no response

"This is your last chance; don't make this hard on yourself..." nothing but more silence, silence that angered him even further , topping off the fact that he still hadn't heard from Shannon and it drove him to pick up a giant, priceless urn, lifting it over his head and sending it crashing to the marble floor, shattering to pieces while he growled as would a beast in a rage.

After destroying what he'd spent millions to acquire. He stood and took a deep breath as he ran his hand through his hair to put it back in place then wiped his brow with his handkerchief and cleared his throat as he adjusted his necktie then took his phone from his pocket and dialed

...

In New York City, in Olivia's hospital room, her nurse was in the process of changing the wound dressing on her hip.

"It's already starting to heal nicely" the young nurse smiled

"I wish they all did..."Olivia murmured, her mind going to and just as quickly coming back from a terrible place when her phone began ringing. She smiled at the nurse before answering.

"Benson" His rage only escalated when she answered the phone.

This bitch is alive!

"Sergeant Benson, hello, Thomas Kirkland here" he'd forced an illusion of genuine concern to be reflected in his tone but something about his voice sent chills through Olivia.

"Uh, what can I do for you?" she asked as the nurse continued working

"Well I'd heard from Amanda that you had been injured during a home invasion and I wanted to personally extend my apologies.

"That's very kind, thank you"

"Please, no thanks necessary. Any friend of my angel..."

"Yeah...well thanks for calling..."

"Olivia, before you go, please tell me that your assailant is in custody, I'd hate to think that he's out there free to harm another poor, defenseless woman"

"I appreciate the concern, but I am not defenseless, I take care of myself just fine"

"Forgive me, I didn't mean to imply..."

"And to answer your question, yes, my assailant is in custody - at the morgue! He came for my life, I took his first! Have angel call me when she can!" Olivia said and quickly ended the call.

...

Thomas was white as ghost "I took his first!" Olivia's words echoed in his head. "How is that even possible?" he asked himself out loud "Just what I need!" he sighed angrily before dialing another number.