30.Her new life?

I'm sorry for the wait, but here we are, chapter 30. Some of you may not like this chapter but I gotta stay true to my story so I apologize if it isn't what you wanted but I'm not sorry. Enjoy!

.

Monday morning turned out to be just as dreary, weather wise as Sunday had been and Manhattan woke up to another wet, rainy day.

Olivia got into the office bright and early, wanting her first day back to be a good one. 7AM and she walked into the building, greeted by the few people who were in that early and glad to see her. As she got off the elevator and hobbled into the squad room, she couldn't stop from smiling. She wasn't expected to be there until 9 but with nothing else to do... It had only been three weeks but it felt like an eternity and after looking over her squad room she headed into her office, propped her cane by the window then put her things down and took a seat behind her desk. She was there less than a minute, getting her laptop turned on when Fin walked in.

"Hey you, welcome back!" He said upon entering the office.

"Thank you, it's good to be back! So what's on the agenda for today?"

"You mean what's on modified agenda?" He laughed. "I got the word from 1PP, you're stuck in this office, half time for another three weeks"

"I told them I'm fine!" She said disgruntled, her voice taking on a very pouty tone.

"Hey, be glad they even let you back before the six weeks was up."

"I suppose... I'm gonna get some tea before I get started."

"I got it"

"Fin"

"Hey, rest your leg. You'll thank me in a couple hours when you're racing around here."

She smiled reluctantly. "Thank you"

"No problem, be right back."

Turning to the pictures on her desk, she picked up one of the girls. "This is gonna be the longest half day ever!"

.

In the Hamptons, David was in the kitchen making pancakes when the girls arrived downstairs in their pajamas.

"Hey babies, good morning!" He said and flipped the pancakes before going over to them.

"Morning" they both said with sleep in their voices. He kissed them and picked up Aria who laid her head on his shoulder while Sophia sat at the breakfast bar and picked up a banana.

"Daddy, can you open this?" Sophia said, handing him the banana over the counter.

"Can I 'peel' this?" He said as he went about it.

"Yes, peel it" she laughed

"Here you go miss bug-a-boo!" And he handed it back to her and went about taking up the pancakes.

"Thank you daddy!" She said as she dug in.

"You're welcome princess. So, you guys hungry?" He said, putting on a last round.

"Are those chocolate chip?" Aria said excitedly. Sophia looked with her mouth full.

"They are"

"Yes!" David laughed.

"Why don't you go have a seat at the bar with your sister, okay?"

"Okay" she said as he put her down. "Can I call mommy?" She was climbing into her seat and reaching for the phone.

"I don't see why not." Aria happily went to dialing while David flipped the pancakes.

"Hi mommy..."