21.Reaching out

***MAJOR smut alert!***

Hospital...

"And you're sure there isn't more you need to say?" Lieutenant Tucker asked a shaken Rollins while looking at her sympathetically. Though she'd tried to obscure them by throwing a scarf on her neck Tucker had seen the handprints that marred her skin there in addition to the fading bruises on her face; he could only imagine what she was covering up with the jacket she suspiciously wore on this incredibly warm night.

"No, I'm...there's nothing." She said nervously, unable to even look the superior officer in the eye.

"Detective... if you were defending yourself..."

"I told you, it was just an accident" she lied. Tucker knew that there was more but if Rollins was reluctant to say then he was in no position to force it out of her and so with his own reluctance he stopped pushing.

"Okay. That's all we need for now." He said as he turned to leave

"Lieutenant..." Tucker immediately stopped and turned to look at Amanda "My uh...nobody from my unit knows about this, I..."

"It's late detective; tomorrow morning's another story and your acting CO will be informed accordingly" he said before walking away. When he was out of sight Amanda let out a sigh of relief. She would deal with her acting commander, as long as she didn't have to face Olivia just yet and was suddenly thankful that she'd be out at least another two weeks even though she hated the circumstances that put her on leave. Even still, she wished more than anything that she could call her best friend, she needed her right now more than ever.

She'd just lied to IAB about the circumstances involving the shooting. While it had been an accident, it hadn't been as cut and dry as she'd made it seem to Tucker. She didn't tell him about the spanking or how after Thomas was done he'd held her in that same position while he'd fucked her, then afterwards he'd further berated and then choked and beat her and that she'd only grabbed her gun to scare him and make him leave. He'd hurt her again and she just wanted it to stop, she'd just wanted all of this to stop, for him to go away for her life to go back to the way it was before him; she never thought that he would grab the gun, so convinced that she "Didn't have the nerve" to pull the trigger. How he'd tried to take it from her trembling hands but she wouldn't let go because she knew that if she did, she would more than likely end up having Thomas beat the living daylights out of her even worse than he'd already had for attempting to threaten him and she couldn't let that happen. She just wanted him to leave but in the midst of their struggle, the gun went off and before she knew what had happened, he was on the floor bleeding.

She took a deep breath and exhaled as she ran her hands through her hair and tears once again filled her eyes and ran down her cheeks. She couldn't understand why she was still so nauseas, she didn't need to be feeling sick on top of everything else. Her nerves were already shot to hell...that had to be it, what was causing her stomach to rebel against her; nerves. Still, what would happen when Thomas woke up? what if he told the police that she shot him on purpose, then what?

"I need help!" she said out loud to herself "But who?" she wondered. Fin would kill Thomas if he knew the truth and there wasn't even the slightest doubt in her mind about it and Nick would beat him bad enough to cripple him - either way, two of her closest friends would put their lives and careers on the line to defend her and she couldn't let that happen. As much as she hated to do it, there was only one person who would keep a level head in this, even if it drove her crazy and it was with this in mind that she began digging through her purse for her phone.

***

Olivia's hotel suite...

After having fed Nick a steak dinner, he and Olivia sat in the living room of her suite curled up on the couch together, she with her head on his chest.