000. Mission pt 3

2098, Two years Pre-mha

"Shoto, are you sure about this?" Yuka asked nervously, clutching his hand and sweating.

Shoto gave her a reassuring smile, squeezing her hand gently. "Yeah. Even if we weren't a thing, I would still want you to meet my family. You've been a wonderful friend as well."

Yuka giggled, but inside she felt her stomach squeeze. Endeavor. The man who had told her to befriend him. The one who abused Shoto's family. The one who caused all of Shoto's pain.

She had come to a sort of acceptance of her situation—the fact that she was genuinely in love with the boy whose hand she was holding. And some bright, hopeful part of her believed that when the truth was revealed, he would stay.

Though they were young, they had been forced to grow up too fast, and their minds had matured beyond their bodies. She knew—she hoped—that they would be able to persist because of their bond.

She sounded like a cringey, too-hopeful protagonist from a movie, but she genuinely thought so.

As they approached the Todoroki household, Shoto sensed her anxiety and stopped walking. He turned to face her, his eyes filled with understanding. "Yuka, I know this is a lot. Meeting my family... it's not easy for me either. But having you here makes it a little better."

She took a deep breath, nodding. "I know. I want to be here for you, Shoto. I just... I'm nervous about what your father might think."

Shoto's expression darkened for a moment, but he quickly regained his composure. "My father's opinions don't matter. What matters is how we feel about each other."

Yuka smiled, feeling a bit more at ease. "Okay. Let's do this."

They continued walking until they reached the front door. Shoto knocked, and within moments, the door swung open to reveal a girl with white hair dotted with red specks, Shoto's older sister. She smiled warmly at them.

"Shoto! And you must be Yuka. I've heard so much about you," the girl said said, stepping aside to let them in, "wah, you're even prettier in real life!"

Yuka blushed, feeling a mix of relief and embarrassment. "Nice to meet you..."

"You can call me Fuyumi."

Fuyumi led them into the living room, where Natsuo, Shoto's older brother, was lounging on the couch. He looked up and grinned. "Hey, Shoto. And hey, Yuka. Welcome. You can call me Natsuo."

Yuka returned the smile, feeling a bit more comfortable. "Hi, Natsuo."

Just as they were settling in, the door to the study opened, and Endeavor himself stepped out. His imposing presence filled the room, and Yuka felt a chill run down her spine. He looked at Shoto and then at Yuka, his eyes narrowing slightly, but gave Yuka the smallest smile of approval.