010. Hard work

2100

2100

Yuka's alarm blared at 5:30 a.m., its shrill tone echoing through her small apartment. Groggily, she swung her legs over the edge of the bed and silenced the alarm. Today marked her first official day of training with Gang Orca, and she felt a mix of excitement and nervousness.

She quickly dressed in her workout clothes, grabbed a protein bar, and headed out into the early morning light. The streets were quiet, the sky painted in soft hues of dawn. Yuka made her way to the agency, her mind buzzing with anticipation.

When she arrived, Gang Orca was already waiting, his imposing figure standing out against the backdrop of the agency. He nodded approvingly as she approached.

"Good morning, Yuka. Ready to start your training?" he asked.

"Yes, sir!" Yuka replied, her nerves dissipating under his steady gaze. She, like anyone else in her position, was understandably nervous for the excruciating pain she was going to be put through. But hearing Gang Orca's words about her potential and how he had picked her over the top four made her more determined.

"Let's begin with the endurance run. You'll be wearing this," he said, handing her a weighted vest.

Yuka slipped it on, feeling the added weight immediately. She shifted uncomfortably, the vest pressing heavily on her shoulders and chest. She took a deep breath, adjusting the straps to fit snugly.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it," Gang Orca said, a hint of amusement in his voice. "Let's go."

They started running through the quiet streets, the sound of their footsteps the only noise breaking the morning silence. Gang Orca set a steady pace, slightly slower than Midoriya's, though it was extra challenging due to the aching pain in her shoulders from the vest. The cold morning air bit at her skin, her breaths coming in rhythmic puffs, each inhale stinging her lungs.

The first hour of the run was relatively manageable. Despite the ever-growing burning in her body and the lactic acid building up in her muscles, she still had the will to lift up her foot each time. She kept pace with Gang Orca, her muscles warming up and finding a rhythm. She focused on the sound of their synchronized steps and the steady beat of her heart.

As they passed through the sleepy neighborhoods, Yuka's mind wandered. She thought about her journey to this point, the challenges she had faced, and the determination that had brought her here. She visualized herself as a stronger hero, able to face any challenge, and used that image to push herself forward.

Lift up your foot, push on your other one, step down, and then repeat. One step at a time.

However, as the second hour stretched on, the weight of the vest began to take its toll. Each step felt heavier, and her breathing grew more labored. Her legs felt like lead, every movement a monumental effort. Sweat dripped down her face, stinging her eyes, but she refused to slow down.