15. warmth

2100

2100

The sky above U.A. High School was a crisp, clear blue, reflecting the fresh start that awaited the students. It cleared a lot of her gloomy thoughts about All For One and the impending doom that was awaiting her. She cast those thoughts away. They could wait until there wasn't the exciting prospect of a full free day in the fresh summer day.

She breathed in the fresh air, a slight bounce in her step at the prospect of the free day tomorrow.

Spotting Todoroki near the entrance of the school, Yuka quickened her pace.

He stood with his usual composed demeanor, eyes focused on the horizon.

The moment he saw her, his face split into a smile.

"Todoroki!" Yuka greeted cheerfully, her voice cutting through the calm of the afternoon as she slowed to a stop beside him. "Since the exams are finally over, I was thinking... maybe we could spend tomorrow together. How about it?"

Todoroki turned to her, his expression a mix of surprise and curiosity. "You want to spend the day together?"

"Yeah, exactly!" Yuka's excitement was palpable. "I know you haven't had the chance to do a lot of things that many people experience. I want to help you with that! I know it's just one day, but I want to help you catch up on the experiences you've missed out on."

Todoroki raised an eyebrow, clearly intrigued. "Like what?"

Yuka pondered for a moment, then continued. "Well, I don't know. I thought maybe there were some things other than eating ice cream that you've been left out of."

He considered her offer, his gaze thoughtful. "I don't have many specific things in mind, but I'm open to trying new experiences."

"That's the spirit!" Yuka clapped her hands together. "Why don't we sit down and talk about some things you like and dislike? Maybe we can come up with something interesting to do."

He nodded, a small smile on his face as he followed her to find a spot to settle.

They found a quiet spot under a large tree, where the soft rustling of leaves provided a serene backdrop to their conversation. Yuka sat cross-legged on the grass, and Todoroki took a seat beside her, his posture relaxed yet attentive.

"So, Todoroki," Yuka began, her tone betraying a little bit of the excitement she felt, "What are some things you really enjoy? Like, things you would do if you had the chance?"

Todoroki thought for a moment, his gaze distant. "I've always liked the idea of trying new foods. I've read about different types of cuisine and seen them on TV, but I haven't had the chance to try many of them. I also enjoy being outdoors and experiencing nature."

"Food and nature, got it," Yuka noted, jotting down some ideas in her notebook.

"A whole notebook?" He said, slightly incredulous.