026. Festivals

2100

2100

As the opening notes of "Hero Too" began to play, the audience erupted in cheers. The stage lights flared to life, bathing the performers in a vibrant glow. Class 1-A, clad in matching outfits that shimmered under the lights, took their positions with energetic smiles.

"What am I to be? What is my calling? I gave on giving up, I'm ready to go!"

Yuka's grin was shining brightly as she peeked down from above the stage, standing with the backstage crew. Her friends were all dancing in yellow uniforms below, nailing every move on each beat of Bakugo's aggressive drumming.

"Hero too, I am a hero too!"

Yuka grooved along despite being out of sight from the audience. She felt Shoto move to stand behind her.

"You learned how to fly?" He said, his breath fanning on the shell of her ear. Her face burned, and suddenly she was grateful for the darkness of the backstage.

"I did. I'll bring you sometime."

He hummed. "Good luck. It's almost you."

And it was almost her turn. Aoyama had finished being a human disco ball, and Midoriya had already scurried off stage. The second part of the chorus was approaching rapidly, and Bakugo's drumming was somehow becoming more aggressive than it already was.

She quickly turned on a small but bright light, summoning it's light into tiny balls that looked more like sparkles. They illuminated the backstage, but not enough to draw attention yet.

She still wasn't proficient enough to be able to make such intricate forms on the spot yet, especially not while flying, so she had to pre-make them.

"You've got this." Shoto encouraged. She nodded gratefully, taking a deep breath at the hundreds of people dancing in the audience.

She ran across the intricate supports that were holding the gym ceiling together and gathered enough momentum before she leaped off with a burst of energy.

Her wings flared behind her and she drifted off, summoning the sparkles from above, and sending them flying towards the audience. There were probably thousands of them.

She grinned as the audience ooed, and she summoned even more to wrap around her body and wings.

With a flare, she twirled around, her wings fanning out the sparkles and making them seemingly burst from her body.

The audience erupted in delighted gasps as Yuka's sparkling display filled the space with a mesmerizing glow. Each twirl sent a cascade of glittering lights into the crowd, painting the air with shimmering trails that danced in time with the music. Her wings fluttered gracefully, creating an enchanting spectacle as the sparkles followed her every move.

Down below, her classmates performed with infectious energy. The coordination and effort they had put into rehearsals were evident in their synchronized steps and enthusiastic expressions. Ashido's vibrant moves and Kirishima's high-energy leaps perfectly complemented Yuka's aerial display, enhancing the overall effect of their performance.