009. Internship

2100

2100

Todoroki and Yuka were both heading to their respective internships, he to Endeavor's agency and she to Gang Orca's.

She had chosen Gang Orca out of curiosity for what he might teach her. She had asked Midoriya about his quirk, and the boy had started rambling for at least ten minutes about all of Gang Orca's strengths and weaknesses. His quirk allowed him to paralyze opponents and gave him super strength. Yuka thought that maybe his strength quirk might teach her some more practical aspects of fighting.

As the train sped along the tracks, Yuka stole a glance at Todoroki. His face was calm, but she could see the tension in his eyes. She knew he had mixed feelings about working with his father, and she wished she could offer him more comfort.

"You good?" she asked, her voice just loud enough to be heard over the noise of the train. Yesterday at the park, they had exchanged very few words, yet something strange had settled between them. She was still troubled on what their relationship status was, but she hoped they were stepping forward to becoming friends. Their conversations may start awkwardly each time, but the more they talked, the more they relaxed around each other.

Todoroki glanced at her, his heterochromatic eyes reflecting a mix of emotions. "Yeah, just thinking about the internship," he replied. "How about you? Excited for Gang Orca?"

Yuka shrugged, trying to appear casual. "A bit. I'm curious to see what kind of training he has in store for me."

"Heard he's pretty tough," Todoroki said, his tone neutral.

"Yeah, that's what I've heard too," Yuka replied. "But I think it'll be good. Challenging, but good."

The train continued to rumble along, the cityscape outside the windows a blur of motion. Yuka leaned back, letting the rhythmic clatter of the train soothe her nerves. She was nervous about her internship too, but she didn't want to show it.

After a while, the train began to slow as it approached Todoroki's stop. He turned to her, his expression still reserved. "This is my stop. See you around, Amane."

"See you." she replied with a brief nod.

He stepped off the train, and looked back at her one last time, giving her a small wave before disappearing into the crowd. Yuka watched him go, a sense of melancholy settling over her. The train doors closed, and it lurched forward again, carrying her further away.

Two stations later, it was her turn to get off. The doors opened with a hiss of steam and she was almost carried off by the enormous amount of people fighting to get off.

The platform was just as crowded as the train, and she had to weave her way through the throng of people. The air was filled with the sounds of bustling commuters, the distant hum of city traffic, and the occasional chirp of birds. Despite the chaos, there was something oddly peaceful about it all.