013. Insanity

2100

2100

Yuka found herself enveloped in an eerie fog, the world around her dissolving into swirling shadows and fragmented light. The landscape shifted as though caught in a fever dream, colors bleeding and swirling in unnatural patterns.

Before her, a looming figure materialized through the mist—a tall man, wearing a headpiece that ressembled that of a gas mask.

His presence was radiating an oppressive darkness that seemed to consume all light.

His face, obscured by an unsettling mask of shifting shadows, was suddenly grotesquely illuminated by a flickering, otherworldly light.

It twisted and contorted, becoming a nightmarish visage of a bleeding angel, its eyes hollow and dripping with something like dark, glistening blood.

The air was thick with the scent of decay and iron.

A villain's voice cut through the chaos like a blade, low and resonant, reverberating with a disturbing echo. "A girl with blonde hair and blue eyes with the potential to wield the sun," he intoned, his voice both commanding and tainted with malevolent glee. The voice was warped, as if it was being said underwater. But the next two words were unmistakeably clear: Yuka Amane.

The villain's face then melted, a sharp scream piercing through the muffled sounds of his voice. He smelled of burnt skin and flesh as the melting pieces of him pooled around him.

The words seemed to crawl through the fog, wrapping around Yuka's consciousness like a sinister embrace.

Her own reflection appeared in the warped angel's eyes, distorted and twisted, as though she were staring at herself through a funhouse mirror of her darkest fears.

"Yuka Amane," it repeated, it's voice deep and rough, contrasting it's elegant features.

The angel's face morphed grotesquely, its once serene features now twisted into a horrific mask of suffering and blood. The skin seemed to melt and flow, merging with the shadows that coiled around it, creating a ghastly, ever-shifting visage. The blood from the angel's eyes flowed down, mixing with the shadows and forming eerie patterns that writhed and twisted, creating a macabre dance of light and dark.

As the figure spoke again, its voice took on a chilling edge, dripping with a sinister promise. "Soon, you will embrace the darkness," it whispered, the words carrying an undertone of twisted affection. "You will become the angel I have chosen, a beacon of darkness in a world that fears the light."

Yuka felt herself being drawn toward the figure, her body moving as if by some unseen force. The dreamworld around her spun faster, the boundaries of reality blurring into a dizzying vortex. The angel's eyes, now devoid of any remaining humanity, locked onto hers with a predatory gleam.

"The sun you cradle... it burns with potential. Oh, how it burns, and yet..."

The angel's convulsing face then merged with the tall figure behind it with a scream.