-6-

I was ripped out of my thoughts as the doors opened and some agents in SHIELD uniforms harshly pulled me out of the car. I looked around and it seemed like I was in some sort of huge garage under the tower.

We silently walked to an elevator, only the sound of the agent's weapons and boots echoing on the floor. Two of them were in front of me and two behind me.

When the elevator doors opened, I was met with Black Widow and Captain America.

"How was our little trip, huh?" The woman teased, arms crossed over her chest, but a smirk spread across her lips.

I lowered my eyes to the ground, not being able to face her right now. Normally I would've replied with a sassy comment, but I just didn't feel like it. I was done.

"I see" she mumbled as we all entered the elevator.

We arrived at the floor with my cell and I was roughly showed forwards, the two Avengers following us with observing glances. With each step, anger built up inside of me, generating a dangerous mixture of madness, frustration and annoyance.

It all exploded as Stark approached us, smirking as triumphantly as I did a day before.

"What? No hello? No cocky reply to what Romanoff said? He asked mockingly.

I jumped forwards, kicking him in the stomach and letting him fall to the ground. I could swear I saw the ghost of a smirk on Romanoff's and Roger's lips, as they watched the scene.

"Ow kid, you got one hell of a kick" the billionaire groaned as he regained his composure.

However, the Avenger's smiles faded instantly as I was pushed against the wall and one of the guards pulled out a taser, that was built for enhanced individuals, so a lot stronger than an average one. I yelped out in pain as he gave me a hard shock and slumped to my knees.

"Stop, that's enough!" Black Widow demanded and the agents complied immediately.

"We are sorry, Mr. Stark. We guarantee you that this won't happen again" another guard apologized for my actions.

"It's fine, don't worry. You can go, we got this" he said and gestured for the guards to leave. They did as they were told, after putting a new collar around my neck.

The Avengers crouched down next to me, whispering assuring things after realizing that I had shut down. I was still in shock, since I wasn't used to torture anymore and it brought back some unpleasant memories, I always tried to forget.

"It's okay y/n. We got you" The Widow said as she rubbed circles on my back, slowly bringing me back into reality. She seemed to know how to handle those kind of things and every trace of the deadly assassin in her was gone for the moment.

"Can you walk?" The Captain asked, eyebrows furrowed in concern.

I nodded and shakily rose to my feet, trying to get my breathing under control and not collapsing on the ground.

After arriving at the cell, I told everyone to leave me alone and they hesitantly walked away.

The handcuffs were removed and I decided to went into the bathroom, since I didn't want anyone to see me as weak as I currently was. I never felt this feeling before, I couldn't breathe, everything was so overwhelming and I had no idea what to do.

I slumped down on the floor, pulling my knees to my chest for the tiniest bit of comfort they would give me. I buried my face in my knees as a tear rolled down my cheek.

Why is this all happening to me? Why do they want me so bad?

Another tear escaped my now puffy, red eyes and I didn't fight it. I fought enough for the day. Now I just let the tears fall and tasted the salty liquid as some of them entered my mouth.

My breathing changed into muffled sobs as I tried to bury my face even deeper into my knees. I knew the camera in the cell could also record audio and I didn't want the Avengers to catch me on my most vulnerable moment.

As my sobs grew uncontrollable, a voice startled me and I almost jumped up, but recognized it quickly.

"Y/n, it seems like you're having an anxiety attack. Should I inform someone?" JARVIS called.

"No, please no" I croaked out as I wiped my tears away and tried to gain control over my breathing once again.

"I do not recommend you to be alone during an anxiety attack, y/n" the AI tried to convince me, but I shook my head, even if he couldn't see it. It was more to comfort myself.

"No, please promise me to not tell anyone, okay? No one is supposed to know that" I said, my voice now a little bit stronger.

"Of course. I will not tell anyone if you wish so"

"Thank you" I whispered, but knew he had heard it.

I took a few deep breaths and noticed a new set of clothes and a pajama. I decided to calm myself down with a nice shower, since my eyes were still puffy.

The warm water felt soothing on my sore skin and I closed my eyes, listening to the calming water drops. I spend at least fifteen minutes with just standing there, since I needed it badly.

After the shower, I changed into the extremely comfortable pajama, checked that there was no hint of the anxiety attack left to see, and sat down on the bed.

Just when I sat down, the doors opened to reveal a slightly concerned looking Black Widow. Her gaze softened as soon as she saw me looking at her curiously.

"I brought Banner to look at your leg" she said and I saw the doctor, looking as sheepishly as always.

"How do you know that?" I asked bewildered, raising an eyebrow.

She laughed a bit. "I'm an highly trained assassin, I can see every little detail on you. And also, Fury told us. Observing people is kind of a very important thing in this business"

The doctor examined the wound, but didn't need to do much, since I did a great job at taking care of it. He offered me painkillers, but I declined because I always had a problem with swallowing pills and didn't want to get them injected into me.

They brought me dinner and I almost forgot to be mad at them. Somehow they treated me overly friendly and I frowned to myself at the unexpected behavior.

Just when the Widow was about to leave, I grabbed her arm, only warily, but it was enough for her to flip me over and pinning me down.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I won't do anything" I frantically said and held my arms up in surrender, as good as I could in the position.

"It's fine. But please don't  try anything. I don't want to use the collar, but I will" she warned, even if her eyes begged me not to force her to hurt me and I nodded.

"I just wanted to ask if you could say Wanda that I'm sorry. She'll know what I mean" I said timidly.

"Oh, okay. I can do that" she answered a little surprised and we both stood up.

"Good night, y/n" she said as she closed the cell door.

"Good..night.." I replied hesitantly as I laid down on the bed.

After a few minutes, the lights slowly turned off and I quickly drifted off into the calming darkness of sleep.