-22-

Today was the big day of my first mission as an Avenger and I was super excited, although everyone else was quite chilled about it, but hey, it's probably their thousandth mission or so.

I gulped down my breakfast, my dumb ass brain thinking we would leave faster if I eat faster, which caused me to choke on a waffle.

"That's enough! Calm down and eat slower you're getting yourself killed before we even leave the tower" Steve scolded as my coughing fit ended.

"Sorry" I mumbled and rolled my eyes.

After everyone had their breakfast, I could finally change into my suit. I tied my hair into a ponytail so it wouldn't bother me during the mission, clipped the bracelet around my wrist and readied the weapons on my suit.

The elevator brought us to one of the upper floors where a huge jet was parked. I took everything in with wide eyes, since I never saw this part of the tower, let alone was inside of the jet.

I also noticed there were a lot of heavily armed SHIELD guards standing everywhere, which was, not gonna lie, quite scary. I still didn't like these people.

"This is our precious quinjet. Go, take a seat" Tony said proudly and I sat down next to Kate and Pietro.

My eyes quickly scouted the jet. Everything looked extremely modern and expensive. There were a few seats in the front of the jet and two rows of seats on both sides, a medical table in the middle and some other high tech stuff.

"Seatbelt" Nat shouted from one of the front seats back to me and I rolled my eyes.

"You're such a mom" I snapped back, but buckled up anyway.

Just a minute later, the quinjet took off and I let out a small squeak, my hands subconsciously clutching the several belts that held me securely in my seat, as the jet shook slightly at the start.

"Don't worry, it's normal" Pietro said and everyone chuckled at me, causing me to conceal my embarrassment with a scowl.

I was never in a jet before, maybe once or twice at HYDRA, but that didn't really count, since they used to knock me out at every transport, telling me it would be better for me, so this was a complete new experience.

We were only a minute in the air as my ears began to pound and ache. I grimaced and examined my ears with one hand, the other still clutching onto the seatbelts.

The pain intensified and I began to panic as my senses were clouded. I had no idea what was happening, since everyone else looked happy and comfortable.

I let out a small whimper, not going unnoticed by this super humans and within the blink of an eye Nat and Yelena were at my side with worried expressions, the others looked alarmed as well.

Normally I liked attention, but not this kind of attention. I felt like an injured deer in the spotlight, in the middle of a street.

"Honey, what is it?" Nat asked, crouching down in front of me.

I let out another soft whine, trying to hide my head by looking down. My senses were cruching down onto me. I couldn't even speak, since I tried so hard to control my breathing, only hearing the other's conversation ever so slightly.

"Bruce! Tony!" Nat shouted.

"Here, give this to her it should help" Bruce said and I felt my chin being lifted, so I looked at Nat with fearful eyes.

"Come on honey, you need to take this, it'll help" I heard her say and obediently opened my mouth.

She placed something in my mouth and I instinctively began to chew on it. Suddenly something popped in my ear and the pressure and pain vanished in an instant. I immediately relaxed, leaning back in the seat and my senses came back.

"There you go" she cooed happily as I sighed satisfied, like a toddler who just got its pacifier.

"We should've known that this was about to happen" Stark said, watching the scene. "We had this situation with Peter at his first mission. His and her senses are enhanced, so way more sensitive than ours, which again means they are more vulnerable to the high air pressure"

"What is this?" Yelena asked, meaning the gum I was chewing, pleased.

"Bruce and I invented it. It's an improved gum, specially for spider boy and now also cat girl" Tony explained. "It releases the pressure on the ears while chewing on it and we put some stuff in it that calms down"

I glanced over to Peter, who was also chewing the gum, observing the situation with a sympathetic smile for me.

"Is everything alright now? Does it still hurt?" Nat asked, concern still evident in her voice.

"No, it's perfect" I sighed again, earning some amused looks from the rest of the team.

"How long until we arrive?" Kate asked.

She had been rubbing the back of my hand, silently comforting me.

"About an hour" Clint replied from the control seat, where he was holding the jet in the air.

The rest of the flight was pretty quiet. Steve made sure everyone knew the plan, like, he really made sure of it. Steve always had a plan.

Sam and Bucky had been trying to teach the two gods how to play a card game. Successfully, may I had to add. In the beginning, no one thought these two would actually manage to teach Thor and Loki something without killing each other, but well, strange things happen.

Finally the quinjet landed on a small meadow. Bruce had to stay on the jet, since no one wanted him to turn green and go smash.

We walked through a forest for about ten minutes with me, getting more and more excited with every step, until we found a fence, signaling us we reached our destination.

I still had some business regarding torture to clear with HYDRA. Let's beat up some asses!