(Season 2) Chapter 6: Sadness in it's purest form.

Daniel wakes up one day, on a rainy Saturday November 2, which perfectly sets the mood for terrible news coming from his Mom and Dad.

"Honey, please meet us in the dining room."

"Is something wrong?"

"Sport, there's something that happened, Uncle Cyrus, Aunt Amelia and your cousin Yuri died in a car crash."

"WHAT?!"

Driving home in a strong rainstorm, their car was hit by a drunk truck driver, the car then crashed into a building and sadly, no one survived.

Daniel was extremely sad, but held strong, he got dressed into a full black suit and the Silver family drove to a cemetery for the funeral on Sunday. Eventually, Daniel gave a speech.

"I just want to say to Uncle Cyrus, Aunt Amelia, and Cousin Yuri. They helped me more in a week than I have helped others my entire life. I owe a tremendous debt to them and I feel so sad that I couldn't repay it... Uncle Cyrus, Aunt Amelia, Cousin Yuri, every memory I have with you, I will treasure it for the rest of my days..."

Everyone continues to mourn those lost, Daniel felt broken. But he wanted to put those "Weak" emotions to the side, he didn't want people to be weighed down by his problems and "Pettiness".

And after the funeral and everyone had gone home, Daniel laid down on his bed, trying to hide away how he felt. He didn't want anyone to feel bad for him, this would prove to be impossible for Daniel as he went back to school the immediate next day.

"Hi Daniel!"

"Oh... Hey Yune."

"What's wrong? You seem more sad."

Daniel puts on a smile as a façade to hide his sadness, as he simply says:

"Nothing's wrong, I'm okay."

Yune sees right through his façade however, she immediately thinks that there is something wrong.

As they arrive in school, they go to their specific classrooms and continue on with their classes. Yune keeps trying to get Daniel to be open with her but she keeps failing to do so. That's when she tries something drastic with the help of Rosalina and Xavier.

At the end of the day, Yune goes to the Principal, asking for permission to use the intercom and the gymnasium. The Principal agrees and Yune speaks through the intercom.

"Daniel Silva of Section 9-A, please make your way to the JHS Gymnasium."

"Jeez... what is she gonna do?"

Daniel makes his way to the Gymnasium, where Yune & Rosalina stood in the middle of the gym.

"Daniel, I know something is wrong, tell me. What happened?"

"Nothing, nothing happened, I already told you."

"Daniel, I know all the ins and outs about you, I can tell if something's wrong, be honest with me."

"I am your girlfriend, your problem is also my own."

"No it's not!"

"Come on!"

"Please!"

"NO!"

"I'll be okay! Just leave me be! I'm not worth spending your time on!"

Daniel hears a voice saying, "Jeez, pull yourself together, you look like a wreck." It was Xavier, and as he hops off the stage, he criticizes Daniel for not being open with his own Girlfriend.

"Let me get this straight, it's okay for you to sacrifice yourself for her, but not the other way around?"

"I- I didn't mean it like that, Xavier! I mean, I'm not special and she-"

"-CARES about you..."

"Yune, is what weirdos call, the full package. She has a beautiful appearance, incredible physique, grades, anything you could possibly want..."

"I wanted someone like her in my life back then so badly, but I was an egomaniac back then, and all of you know it, and with that, came stubbornness, delusion, and stupidity..."

"In my old town, I was super strong by everyone's standards and super respected. All because of my talent and privilege of high-status, I could have anything I wanted. But I was a tool, no one cared about me, all they wanted from me was my talent, no one liked me. And when I flew here, no one cared, so I just left my family... alone..."

"You're different though..."

"You have family and friends that care for you and look out for you. You have many people in your life who in their eyes would always want you alive over dead."

Daniel lets out a few tears but Xavier walks up to him and wipes them off with a tissue.

"Now come on, quit crying, shut up, and let somebody make a sacrifice for you for once."

Xavier's words convince Daniel, as Yune runs up behind him, jumping onto his back and hugging him tightly.

"Please... for your sake and mine, tell me. Please tell me what's wrong..."

Daniel after a moments hesitation, begins to explain why he was so sad today.

"...A bunch of my relatives died a few days ago... they were my favorites, I remember I used to whine for hours when they left my house."

"I wanted to shun my emotions to the side so you wouldn't worry, how foolish of me..."

Daniel then explains why he loved these specific 3 people more than others and why he felt sadder with their passing.

"You know by now that I love soccer, but I would've never found that love for soccer if it weren't for them."

"People believe that I hold an outstanding talent for soccer, but I don't... I had my dream before my first ever match, but when I played, I realized how harsh it could be. I lost my first match 2-6, and my opponents laughed at me. In that moment, I thought my dream would dissolve with my tears. Until I met Uncle Cyrus, Aunt Amelia, and Cousin Yuri, they were incredible soccer players. They taught me how to play soccer, I began to learn faster and faster, I evolved more and more. The next time we played them, they ended up losing so badly, they broke down in tears. So really, my talent isn't a talent, it's a shallow imitation of someone else's talent, or more accurately, a less powerful copy of someone else's talent."

"Cousin Yuri said that he would be the best player in the world, and I agreed, because of his shining, brilliant talent. And he said I should be the best after him, or if he couldn't play for some reason, I should be the best for him."

"But now he's dead, and I believe that... if anyone was gonna revolutionize soccer, it was gonna be him... I firmly believe that if I died and he didn't, he could go on to be the best player easily... but me? I feel as if I won't ever reach the level he could, I won't be able to change soccer like he could've..."

Yune takes a moment to take in what Daniel had said, if Yuri, Daniel's cousin had lived, he could've went on to become an amazing, once-in-a-century display of talent that could take the world by storm according to what Daniel said. But then Yune, after careful consideration of words, says something that catches Daniels ear.

"I get it, he would've been incredible, but he wants to give his dream to you, right? Are you not gonna carry on what those 3 gave and entrusted to you?"

Daniel pauses his sobbing, and takes a few moments to realize that she was right, he lets a smile smile slip, grabs the three of them, hugging them as he cries out of his emotional relief.

"Thank you..."