(Season 2) Chapter 15: I want this to be my future!

Everyone meets at their usual lunch table, there's one thing on everyone's mind, the cooking performance task worth 30% of their Home Ec grade.

"So guys, what do you plan to cook?" Questioned Daniel, but no one replied with a straight answer, all of them were not sure on what to make for their Home Ec. They could hear through the constant chattering in the cafeteria that a lot of other students their grade couldn't decide either, they had a month to plan what, and how they should cook.

So for the next month, they try experimenting with dishes, the judges will be the teacher so there isn't a way to make a bad dish and get a good grade for it. So everyone had to give it their all or risk failing the class and having to take summer classes. And as such, everyone preps themselves by practicing, while you had to cook alone, you could cook with the help of a recipe, but a mess up will take points off your score, so too many mess ups were a thing they couldn't afford.

Most people were not very bothered by the scoring part, what had everyone motivated to give it their all was the prize for the absolute best dish in the ranking. The prize was a few days off school and also a free pass to slip by a test and obtain a perfect score without having to do anything.

Daniel was preparing himself to make a nice homemade meal with his grandma's mochi as a desert.

Yune was planning to make an advanced ramen, a fairly complicated recipe for a beginner to handle.

Xavier had planned to make a Japanese cheesecake so he decided to call his mom to try and ask her for her recipe.

Rosalina was not sure about what she should make, so she eventually settled on making candy apples since she heard that it's easy to make, even for beginners.

Lukas wasn't even sure what he could do, so he had a good idea. He asked the first-class chef that works for him in his home to teach him his best recipe.

Chloe had asked her mom to teach her how to make Omurice. She had a lot of time since there weren't gonna but customers for a few months since their current market got shut down for unknown reasons.

And with everyone preparing their own dishes, we move onto Lukas, who started to learn from his chef.

"Hey, chef, thank you for teaching me."

"Don't mind it, now let me show you a dish that's safe enough for kids like you to make, a simple beef wellington. First let me get your ingredients."

After a quick scrummage through the fridge and cabinets, the chef lays out all the ingredients.

"First off, your beef, look at the color, beautiful, now next... sauté the beef and get it coated..."

Lukas learns about how cooking works and how to do it himself, he becomes engraved in the joys of cooking.

Meanwhile, Daniel practiced how to make Boeuf Bourguignon, and while practicing, received a call.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Daniel? Do you have time?"

"Why? Did something go wrong, Yune?"

"I... need some help."

"*sigh* Okay, I'll finish this and then go help you."

Daniel keeps working, finishing his recipe, afterward he cleans himself and gets dressed and then goes to Yune's home. Daniel knocks and a few seconds later, Yuna answers the door

"Hi Yuna, thank you for letting me in."

"Don't mention it, the little twerp is in the kitchen."

"Right..."