(Season 2) Chapter 10: Merry Christmas!

Chloe regularly walks to school with Lukas on a daily basis, they are already very good friends, while Daniel was Chloe's first friend in Crescent Heights, she considers Lukas to be her best friend. He is the one she is most comfortable to be around and share things with, and with Christmas coming up, Lukas tries to make a move.

"Chloe! Christmas is coming up, any plans?"

"No not really, my parents are leaving on a business trip so no one is in the house, and my siblings are staying at my aunts house."

"That's sad, but I wanted to ask you, want to celebrate at my house?"

"W-What?! N-No I couldn't!"

"Please, let me do this, it'll be fun!"

"I don't want to feel out of place..."

"Alright, tell you what, I'll stay with you, every moment of the party."

"Uh..."

"Trust me, it will be okay."

"Okay, sure."

And with the plan now set, Lukas works with his parents to arrange the party, and of course, he gets the permission to invite Chloe. Meanwhile, Chloe goes to Daniel and asks him a few questions.

Chloe: Hey, Daniel?

Daniel: What's up Chloe?

"I want to know about what Lukas' could want for Christmas, is there anything I shouldn't talk about or if there is something that could be weird to talk about."

"Well, to put it simply, he likes things like art and building, things that would inhibit creativity. He doesn't like horror or gore-related things and I don't know about any topic you really should avoid. Why do you ask?"

"Oh, it's nothing."

"...He actually did it, huh?"

"What?"

"He invited you to a christmas party, right?"

"Yeah, exactly right, how did you do that?"

"It's called analysis, Chloe."

Chloe now knowing what Lukas liked, she planned to buy him a gift for Christmas according to his likes, but she couldn't decide on a gift, meanwhile Lukas was preparing his gift to Chloe. Around a month and a half passed and Chloe went to the assigned address, and knocked on the door. The door was not answered by Lukas however, it was by his 2 younger sisters Autumn and Summer.

"Who are you?"

"A-Ah, I'm Chloe, a friend of Lukas."

"Oh okay! We'll call him!"

"Lukas! Your girlfriend is here!"

Chloe becomes embarrassed by Autumn's choice of words. She couldn't tell if Autumn was playing around and joking, or if she was painfully oblivious to what was happening. Her blushing was incredibly evident, but she put that to the side however when she heard Lukas call her name.

"Chloe! Thanks for coming, please, make yourself at home."

Chloe sits down on the couch, still tense because she felt out of place. That's when Luna walked into the room and decided to talk to Chloe.

"Hey, are you that friend Lukas invited?"

"Y-Yeah, why?"

"Huh, hey, if it's fine with you, can we have a small chat?"

Chloe agrees and they go to the side of the living room to talk for a bit.

"What do you think of Lukas?"

"Well... he's a good person and all, and he looks really... cute..."

'Hold up, do you like him?"

"A-Ah! N-No! It's not like that I promise!"

"Hmmm... but you seem like you do..."

"I don't like him like that! It's that he's just kind of hot. Wait! No! I mean-"

"Calm down... I won't tell."

"T-Thank you..."

Lukas then invites everyone to the dining room since the food was ready. As everyone sat down, Lukas said a prayer and then they began to eat. Chloe was trying to be as respectful as she could since she wanted to be a good person in Lukas' parents eyes. But Lukas takes his spot next to Chloe and she immediately breaks, choking a bit on the food.

"Woah! Slow down, you okay?"

"I'm fine, the food tastes great."

"If you can't do this, don't feel obligated to stay."

"No no! I couldn't leave now! It's disrespectful!"

"Okay then."

They continue to have fun, Chloe was still nervous around Lukas' family since they're really formal and respectful. But Lukas is able to calm her, it allows her to be more at ease, approachable, and more pleasant to be around. However, in the end when everyone goes home, Chloe is about to take her leave, that's when Lukas stops her.

"Hey, I... wanted you to have this."

Lukas gave Chloe a handmade plushie of her, one that he learned to make from scratch. Chloe was astonished by the great amount of detail, even getting her hair exactly right.

"I may have looked into your bag at breaktime and saw it, the detail was phenomenal and I wanted to do something similar."

"That's amazing! I actually wanted to give that plushie to you!"

Chloe pulls that very same plushie out of her handbag, and they exchange and then and only then does Chloe take her leave.

They both finally rest, but with Valentines Day coming up soon, there is a special event that Daniel needs to prepare for.