(Season 2) Chapter 17: The Academy Ace Tournament!

The Academy Ace Tournament, an annual event, one exclusive to Crescent Heights Academy International. For those in Grade-level-separate soccer teams, this tournament was created to decide the Academy's Ace. The team deemed the Academy's Ace is the team the school would bring to Nationals should they reach that level. Of course, every soccer team has to participate, and mainly only the Senior High win these tournaments, yet no team has won enough to reach nationals. Daniel and Yune have trained all year in preparation for this tournament. They are determined to win at all costs.

"Alright... you ready, Yune?"

"I'm ready," Yune replies, with a burning determination in her eyes. "I'd assume you are?"

Daniel grins widely, his determination to win has burned brighter than ever before, he replies. 

"Never been more ready."

They step into the gymnasium and see all the other teams, as they take a look around, a 12th Grader with a cold look and white hair steps into their path. Daniel sees the 12th Grader's imposing, tall figure and tries to be friendly.

"Oh hey there! Are you excited for the tournament?"

The 12th Grader stays silent, with a cold, aloof expression on his face.

"Well... I am! I look forward to facing you." Daniel continues.

"Hm, someone excited, you don't seem to understand how things work around here." The 12th Grader coldly replies, devoid of any passion. "I'll turn that excitement into despair at the end of this tournament."

Daniel's smile begins to turn into a grimace, before he could give a response, a voice echoed through the room, announcing the teams to get together. As they do, the voice reveals itself to be the all the coaches for each team, announcing that each team will face the other teams present. And whichever team scored the most points across every match would be deemed the Academy's Ace.

The Rules were stated as follows:

Each Goal your team scores is taken into account, winning the match increases your goal total by 1. Whichever team that has the most points wins.

As each team prepared, from Grade 7 to 12, the tournament began with a very good performance from the Grade 7 team, deemed the Diamond Daggers. They scored a total of 12 goals, they had struggled against the Grade 12 who have already scored 7 goals in one match.

Then the Grade 8 team, deemed the Silver Wolf, lagged on defense but they could make up for it with a vicious and unrelenting offense. They had scored a monstrous 21 goals, they even crushed the Diamond Daggers with a score of 8-3. Still regardless of how strong their offense is, the Grade 12 scored another large 7 goals, making 14 goals total, and only having gone through 2 games, the assumptions of who would win immediately fell onto the Grade 12 team, deemed Manshine City.

The Grade 11 team went next, deemed the Blood Moon, they scored a total of 22 goals with 3 wins putting them at a score of 25. But the Grade 12 still held a monstrous lead this time, scoring another 5 goals, putting them at a score of 19 goals with 2 matches left.

The Lunar Crescents felt moralized currently at a score of 19 across the three matches that they played, they now had hope that they could actually win the tournament.

Then the Grade 10 team went next, with a team named the Crimson Jaguar, they planned to use counters to score goals planning to take advantage of the strong offense of Grade 8 and 12, even with this planning, they scored a total of only 15 goals, and the Grade 12 scored another 5 goals, now a score of 24.

The Lunar Crescents scored a total of 5 goals, so both of these teams were tied for the highest score, and all they had left was to face each other, whoever won the match, won the tournament.