27

A/N: Another chapter like I said! Enjoy!
_____

After suddenly waking up from the front door opening and closing, I pull Amia's blanket over my head so Minerva doesn't see me. Though I'm not smart enough at the moment because she can clearly see my body.

"(Y/n)." Minerva opens the bedroom door with the master key and steps inside to see me.

"Go, away." I say quietly under the blanket.

"Oh for heaven's sake. You have not moved an inch in three days." She walks towards the bed and pulls back the blanket from my head. My hair becomes static and my tears are beginning to burn my cheeks from how dry they are.

"I got up to lock the door." I say sarcastically with a tired voice.

"You have not showered and you have not eaten within the three days." She grabs my arm and pulls me towards the edge of the bed until I'm almost on the verge of falling off.

"I showered in despair, I ate my dignity, and I drank water that I call tears. I'm fine." I respond lazily.

"You must get on your feet or otherwise you will get bed sores. I do not suppose you want those on your body." She explains.

"Will it feel better than having a broken heart from abandoning my child?"

Minerva sighs in disappointment and sits down close to my legs.
"(Y/n), my dear. I cannot see you go through this again especially when you have Amia waiting for you. Your daughter may be safe but she still needs her mother for comfort."

"Amia is happy without me." I say in a shaky voice.

"You do not know if she is happy without her mother present. I do not want to see all three of you living in despair due to an argument. Now I know you do not want to forgive Severus, but you will need to work together if you want your daughter to be happy." She explains.

"Severus is capable of doing that himself." I wipe a few new tears away before they can roll down to my ear.
"Besides, he doesn't need a poor woman in his life." I whisper.

"You know he did not mean to say that my dear."

"Yes he did. And I don't blame him." I wipe my nose with the back of my hand and reach for Amia's blanket so I can hug it. Minerva let out a sigh and stands up to place her hand on my shoulder.

"(Y/n), I am going to be out of town for the next three weeks starting tonight. I know you will be alone but I do not want to see you like this when I return. I need to see you happy with your daughter whether you forgive Severus or not. I cannot see you like this." She explains before walking out of the bedroom.
"And a letter from Hannah came in the mail for you." She adds before closing the door behind her.

I let out a heavy sigh and hug Amia's blanket tighter. I miss my little girl and I want to see her but it's best if I don't since I don't want to deal with Severus right now.
_____

Once Minerva left for her trip, I decide to shower but end up staying in the shower longer than expected. I just stand there under the running water just thinking about Amia. I often wonder what she's doing or where she is but all I know is that she's safe.

After the shower, I go to the kitchen to find something to eat but I'm not even hungry. I can't even eat at a time like this. Not when I feel so broken.
The worst part about feeling this way is knowing that Severus is right. I don't have my own home and I don't have money to spend on Amia.

But it got me thinking that maybe getting a job out here will distract me from thinking about so many things. Maybe I can even save up enough money and prove to myself that I do have what it takes to care for a child. I just don't know if it will make me feel better though. Especially after my argument with Severus. His words still hurt.