1

Tuesday, 17th June 2009 20:35pm

20:35pm.

My brows furrowed in response to the piercing yell of my alarm clock, my nap being interrupted as I expected. My sunken eyes rolled back as i unwillingly got out of bed, the black plush carpet below me first to hit one of my five senses. I shot a glance at the half open window beside me, the rain belching down in the cold night. I shivered slightly as I removed the blanket hugging my petite frame, my left brow raised to the sound of my phone buzzing.

I flipped open the screen, noticing multiple messages from faye.

                                        FAYE

"it's busy tonight"

"can guy bring some lipgloss I forgot mine"

" :( "

"Where are you?"

"y/n if you don't get your ass here Jacob is going to kill you"

"where tf are you??"

                                           —————-

A wave of confusion washed over me until I read the time correctly, I was in fact extremely late. I practically shot up from my bed, dashing to my desk to where I had laid out tonight's requested outfit. I began ripping my clothes off, my heart racing as fast as a lion. The dark lace scraped across my fingertips as I pulled the fabric over my head, the beads laying nicely on my curves. I quickly reached for my hairbrush and makeup, shoving it into my bag knowing I'd have no time to do it here. That in mind I stomped my feet into the four inch heels by my wooden door, already on the phone to a cab.

My feet squabbled underneath me as I rushed downstairs, the door swinging open with a harsh bang. I let out a sigh as the bitter weather finally hit me, Russia always seems to be freezing. My eyes lit up as a grey car parked up in front of me, immediately sprinting to it.

"Where to miss?" The mysterious man asked.

"The red nights club please" I smiled, pulling out some concealer.

I used the fogged up window as my mirror, applying a thin layer but acceptable amount of makeup.

21:08pm

I let out a deep breath as I headed into the club, secretly hoping my absence had gone unnoticed. That hope soon faded away as a furious Jacob stormed over to me, a toothpick in his mouth.

"do you want to tell me where the fuck you've been?" He scowled in a strong russian accent.

My brows curled down, my stomach churning.

"I'm so sorry, I set the wrong time on my alarm." I admitted, feeling defeated.

He shook his head as he looked around, his hollow eyes scanning over my body.

"You knew how busy we were going to be tonight, you have two minutes and then you're up." He tutted, his hair slightly flipping as he turned away.

My lips formed a straight line as I dashed to the private area, slamming my bag down as soon as I entered. Faye sat on the red plush couch opposite me, her brow raising as she began to tut.

"I know." I growled, rolling my eyes.

I bent down slightly, checking my reflection in the mountain of mirrors before me. I took in another deep breath before clasping the door handle.

"I'm needed, I'll see you soon" I hummed lowly, my ears being presented to the blaring music once again.

I scurried backstage, waiting for my name to be announced to the lousy drunk men awaiting. The familiar feeling of shame washing over me as I stepped out into the spotlight, money already being thrown at my feet.

I took a hold of the pole in front of me, wrapping one leg around it as I began to spin.

——————-
My sore back hit the concrete wall with a thud, a cigarette placed between my glossy lips. The golden light on its end danced in my eyes, the black night swallowing me whole.

"y/n?" A low voice muttered.

My eyes hesitantly opened, not expecting to see my childhood best friend. Even though he's changed I'd recognise that soft face anywhere.

"bill." I coughed, hunching over.

He gently placed his hand on my back, rubbing it softly as I coughed up any regrets about my past. My soft eyes met his again, long white and black dreads framing his sculpted face, tattoos enveloping his ever so pale skin. He wore a gracious suit, matching the night sky above.

"how are you?" He finally broke the silence.

"I-I'm great, how are you" I stuttered, my voice low.

His angelic features completely captivated me, almost as if he'd put a spell on me.

"I'm fantastic, do you work here?" He questioned, re lighting my cigarette.

"thank you. Yes I do" I announced, feeling nervous.

He studied me for a moment, his light pink tongue washing over his perfect lips.

"why" he inquired, leaning against the wall.

"Because the money's good?" I sighed, asking myself the same question.

"A woman like you shouldn't be working here" he declared bluntly.

My brows furrowed, dropping the dead cigarette to the ground before squashing it.

"and what does that mean?." I scowled, crossing my arms.

"It's not safe for someone as beautiful as you I meant to say" he grinned, brushing a strand of hair from my cheek.

"That's sweet bill" I chuckled, rolling my eyes.

He stayed quiet, his dark eyes firmly on me. He towered over me with his height, his veiny tatted hands adjusting his tie.

"I have to get back" I cleared my throat, attempting to pass him.

"I'm being serious, I know you. Maybe I can offer something better?" He whispered, the hairs on my neck standing up.

"Maybe we can talk later bill. I really need to get back" I murmured, removing his grip.

"yes we will" he continued, tilting his head.

I stared at him for a moment longer before returning back to the crowded club, Jacob waving me over.

My heels clanked softly as I made my way to him, dusting down my one piece that shined under the lights.

"This is y/n, she's one of our best" Jacob winked, showing me off like a dog.

I smiled reluctantly as one of the men asked me to sit down, my legs hitting the soft velvet chair.

"I'll leave you to it" Jacob smirked as he vanished.

My gaze turned to the four men watching me, their eyes sinking into my skin as if I were glass. One of them began to speak but my eyes flicked onto bill, perched up against the chairs opposite me, his attention fully on me..