14

I let out a loud whine as my knee hit his hip, my dress halfway down my fighting body

I let out a loud whine as my knee hit his hip, my dress halfway down my fighting body. I heard a knock on the door, luka's head whipping around to it.

"Y/n?" Bill asked, attempting to unlock the door.

"bi-" my cry was cut short by luka's hand, his jaw visibly tense.

I sobbed into his dry hand as he ripped my white dress off, it crumpling onto the ground. Suddenly the door swung open, bill holding a gun in his right hand as he pulled it back. Luka had no time to react before the bullet struck his head, blood pouring onto my face. Bill sprinted over to me, yanking luka's dead body from mine. It hit the ground with a low thud, my breathing hitched.

"I'm so sorry" bill growled, his voice shaky as he lifted me up into his arms.

I buried my head into his shoulder as he wrapped his jacket around me, blood still dripping down my face.

"We need to get out of here" he whispered, running through the door.

He sped down the corridor, into the busy dance floor. My eyes widened as two men started following us, Bill's speed picking up as he reached the outside of the house.

"bill." I cried, watching as one of them pulled out a pistol.

Suddenly we dropped to the floor, a bullet wound forming in his stomach.

"Get in the car." He struggled, trying to stop the bleeding.

"but-"

"Please" he begged, looking up at me.

I quickly got up, turning my attention to the black mustang. Bill had already unlocked it so I jumped straight in, watching helplessly as bill dragged himself to the drivers side. The two men almost caught up with us but the doors had locked before they could, blood pouring down the leather seating around us.

The car started up quickly, Bill's free hand pressing into his open stomach. My body flew forward as he pulled out of the gates, the car almost falling onto its side. Snow had already settled around us, the night sky as dark as possible. My lips had turned dry as well as my tears, my half naked body shining under the half moon.

23:23pm
I cuddled my knees to my chest, the bath water around me a dark shade of red. Abel had called a doctor as soon as we got back, bill being stitched up downstairs. My mind kept travelling back to luka, the way his disgusting hands groped my body. I sniffled lowly, using my hands to wash my stained body.

I grabbed the beige towel hung up on the wall, wrapping my cold body in its comfort before heading to our bedroom. My hands traced over the wooden closet, yanking out a pair of silk pyjamas. I carefully dropped the towel, my frame still damp as I dressed myself. All I want to do is check on bill, he was in so much pain because of me. I should've known luka would've tried something.

My wet hair stuck to my shoulders as I rushed downstairs, noticing bill laying down in the lounge. His doctor sat next to him, monitoring his fragile heartbeat. I moved my hollow gaze to Abel, who was clearly shaken by this.

"good evening miss, can I get you anything?"
He quickly asked, a forced smile forming.

"I'm fine. Thank you." I muttered, waltzing towards bill.

His soft breathing calmed mine with ease, his eyes glued shut.

"How is he?" I questioned, biting my cheek.

"He's going to be just fine, he was lucky they didn't hit his heart" she hummed, taking off her blue gloves.

"Thank you" I smiled softly, sitting in the free chair next to him.

I moved my shaky hand to his heartbeat, the palpitations vibrating into my skin. His eyes slowly opened, a groan leaving his lips as the anaesthetic
began to fade.

"He should take this for a week, every night before bed" his doctor announced, placing down a bottle of pills.

I nodded as she packed up her bags, Abel showing her the way out.

"If anything changes please call me immediately" she sighed softly before heading out.

My nose scrunched up as I observed bill, his honey eyes meeting mine.

"I should've never brought you there." He coughed, attempting to sit up.

I quickly pushed him back down, shaking my head.

"It was my fault." I huffed, caressing his jaw.

"No. It wasn't, luka is an evil man" he growled, folding his hand into mine.

I rested my head on his chest, appreciating the fact we were both alive. He slowly placed a kiss on my forehead, a small smile forming on my lips.

09:21am
My body shot up, sweat dripping down my chest. Lately I've been having this nightmares, ones that make me question reality. I rubbed my forehead, trying to calm my hectic breathing as a knock came on the bedroom door.

"Morning ma'am, breakfast is ready" Abel whispered, peeking his head around the tall door.

I nodded as I rolled out of the warm bed, my clammy feet hitting the carpet below. It was weird not sleeping next to bill last night but he physically couldn't move. I sighed at the thought, heading downstairs. The comforting smell of waffles and white chocolate sprung up my nose, snow still falling outside.

My gaze moved to bill, him hunched up at the counter.

"You're up!" I gasped, running over.

He let out a chuckle as my arms wrapped around him, his dark soul enveloping mine.

"some of us recover fast" he joked as I sat on the stool next to him.

I rolled my eyes at the joke as Abel placed down my breakfast, my hands quickly snatching up a fresh strawberry. The savoury flavour sank into my tongue, Bill's eyebrow raising as he watched me.

"How would you feel about a vacation?" He whispered, pecking my cheek.

"After you've fully recovered yes" I tutted, pointing at his healing wound.

"Okay boss" he snickered, shoving a blueberry into his mouth..