16

I let out a loud groan as I hit the door once more, the sound echoing into my ears slowly as I slumped to the ground

I let out a loud groan as I hit the door once more, the sound echoing into my ears slowly as I slumped to the ground. My eyebrows raised as I pulled the hair clip lodged into my messy hair, my gaze moving to the sliver lock. I quickly stood up, pressing my ear to the door. I heard nothing but distant chatter downstairs, my lips forming a straight line.

I gently pushed the pin into the lock, twisting it carefully in every direction. A low click made a smile form on my face, I dropped the pin before quietly opening the door. I scanned the landing, no one in sight as I ran into the room opposite me.

I shut the door behind me as slow as I could, making sure not to make a sound . I observed the spare bedroom, my eyes turning to the walk in closet. It was similar to the one in our bedroom just a little larger. I sprinted towards it as I begun to hear footsteps, the white curtain covering me.

I let out a deep breath as I tiptoed down the long wardrobe, the clothing quite exquisite. I brushed my hands along the fabric, noticing a door handle behind a suit jacket.

I squinted my eyes in confusion as I pulled it, a small room coming into view. I walked further inside, a red couch in the centre with a table, a laptop sat upon it. Two drawers lay on my left, files of some sort tucked away.

"what the fuck." I whispered to myself.

I headed over to the drawers, looking through the files until I stumbled upon my name. I immediately pulled it out, opening it to see all my information. It being signed by luka. My breathing hitched as I walked over to the open laptop, my body falling onto the couch. I placed down the file as I stared at the black laptop, a password needed to enter.

My brows furrowed as I scanned the room, getting up once again. My hands flicked through the files, each draw being observed. Luckily I found a note book of some kind, the first few pages being about finances and jobs. I bit my cheek as I saw a password written on the bottom right, quickly rushing back over to the laptop.

I typed it in, not knowing if it was correct. To my surprise it was, clicking onto his emails first of all. I scanned the names, coming across luka.

"We need to talk on here from now on, the police have my phone."

"Shit luka. What if they find out?"

"They won't, have you got her yet?"

"yes, picked her up last night"

"Good."

"When will you be collecting her?"

"In two weeks, I'll have your money by then"

"Great, I'll keep you updated"

———————
My mouth stayed open, a tear dropping down my cheek as I moved to the file section. Each file labelled with a name, my hands shaky. I clicked onto one named "Christian". The video started off with bill and three other men, a guy strapped up in a chair. A woman stood in the background, one of the men holding her.

"please" the man begged, bill pulling out a long knife.

My breathing worsened as he sliced his throat open in one clean cut, a dark smile plastered on his face as the woman screamed. I slammed the screen shut, covering my mouth as I sobbed. My chest felt tight, the wind outside whipping against the windows.

I stumbled up from the couch, running back out into the closet.

"well where is she?" Bill yelled, his voice echoing into the room.

My back hit the wall, my whole body shaking as I tried to hide. The curtain flew open suddenly, bill and Abel standing there silently.

"Stay away from me!!" I hollowed as bill came closer.

"What?" He groaned, his eyes hollow.

"you were going to sell me?!" I shook, an uneasy feeling forming in my stomach.

Bills face turned cold as he realised id been in the hidden room, his jaw tensing up.

"I called it off." He whispered, his eyes falling to the ground.

"What about Christian? Or all those other people you murdered??" I sobbed, his face turning to me.

"they were all bad people." He scowled.

I furrowed my brows slightly, bill attempting to come closer to me. I took a few steps back, keeping the distance between us.

"y/n." He muttered, holding out his hand.

"how stupid was I to fall in love with you. You never cared about me, it was a lie and for what? Money?" I cried, swatting his pale hand away.

"I do care about you which is why I called it off. I realised how much you actually meant to me." He pleaded, his hair bouncing off of his shoulders.

I shook my head in response, my bottom lip quivering.

"I've known you for years bill. If you really cared about me you wouldn't have made the deal in the first place." I scowled, feeling embarrassed.

Abel took a step back, a glossy shine covering his light eyes.

"Was it all planned? That day you saw me outside the club?" I questioned, holding my elbows.

"yes." Bill sighed.

"I can't believe you. I trusted you and you lied to me." I mumbled, the pain eating me alive.

"I want to leave." I continued, bills eyes shooting up.

"you can't." He stuttered, his voice shaky.

"yes I can." I sniffled, walking ahead.

He grabbed my arm softly, his honey eyes poisoned with greed.

"Please." He whispered.

I snatched my arm away from him, running out of the room. My feet hit the steps harshly, each step becoming more painful. Once I reached the door I pulled at it, realising it was locked. I let out a deep scream as I kicked it, the whole world around me crashing into ash. I fell to the cold marble floor, my hand still holding onto the handle. I sobbed loudly, the grief in my heart ripping my body into pieces.

The remaining memories of him hurt to replay, my head pounding as my hand fell to my lap..