28.

(apologies again for the delayed post I've been working all week🙏🏻🙏🏻)

- the next day-
18:20pm

I let out a defeated sigh as I stared at my reflection in the bathroom mirror, a glittery white piece framing my body. Loud chatters could be heard from downstairs, music beginning to flow throughout the large house. My eyes propped up as I heard heels tapping against the floor, my gaze meeting Faye's.

"hey." She smiled, tilting her head.

"How are you feeling?" She continued, leaning against the bathroom counter.

I shrugged, searching my blank mind for an answer.

"I don't know.." I sniffled, biting my lower lip.

"I never break promises. I'll get you out of here if it's the last thing I do." She assured, grabbing my hand.

"How do you always stay so positive?" I questioned, gazing up at her.

She chuckled lowly, placing her hands onto my shoulders.

"Because I've got to look out for you. You're like a sister to me." She grinned, pecking my forehead.

A small smile appeared on my face as those words sunk in, Willem suddenly approaching us.

"It's time." He hummed, tapping his gold watch.

Faye's hands left my body, turning to face the sick man behind her. She hummed before passing him, her hair swaying angelically. I begun following behind her until Willem stopped me, his mouth leaning in to my ear.

"Don't fuck this up." He whispered coldly.

My gaze dropped to the bathroom floor as I nodded sheepishly, his footsteps echoing through the room as he hurried away.

—————————
My heart pounded as I entered the private room, observing all the filthy rich men lounging around. Willem sat in the corner with Abel and Cassius, watching my every move like a hawk. I made my way to the stage, a spot light cowering over me immediately. Faye shot me a reassuring smile as she grabbed a hold of the pole next to her.

I did the same cautiously, beginning to wrap my right leg around the cold metal. With the blinding light in my gaze I couldn't make out a single face watching, but I knew what was running through their minds. I kept up with the music effortlessly, my hair swaying through the air like a sharp knife. My mind drifted back to the 14th of June, a while back now. I daydreamed that I was still at the red nights, with my old life. Surrounded by friends and a stable income, a sense of belonging. For a moment I was her again, I was me.

The music faded out as the song begun to end, my eyes finally opening. A loud wave of clapping filled the room, followed by a few whistles. I smiled sheepishly as I stepped down from the stage, faye following behind me. Two other women took our place as we left, my heart continued racing. With my vision back to normal I could see Willem again, his finger calling me over.

I sighed to myself as I shot a look to faye.

"I'll be back in a second." I whispered, my lips forming a straight line.

She nodded as I headed towards Willems table, my ears ringing as the music got louder. Once I'd finally reached him, he pointed to the space next to him. I unwillingly obliged, my legs sinking into the red seating.

"you've got a private dance booked in room three" Willem announced, smoke leaving his wet lips.

"now?" I asked, my eyes darting to the floor.

"yes now." He tutted, resting his arm on the table.

I swore under my breath as I stood up again, my feet pounding with pressure. I slowly made my way to the door behind Cassius, not noticing any security guards. I chewed my lip as I turned the knob, strutting down the dimly lit hallway. I soon reached room three, the door slightly ajar. I pushed it open to see a blond man sitting on the edge of the bed, a smirk on his lips.

"You were very good tonight." He praised, beckoning me over.

"thank you." I hummed, my stomach twisting.

The small radio was already playing, my eyes meeting his as I stood in front of him. He lay back slightly on his hands, waiting for me to begin. I swallowed any last pride I had and started dancing, slowly moving my hips to the beat. Suddenly his right hand moved to my thigh, goosebumps forming along my exposed skin.

"no touching." I reminded, pushing his large hand away.

His brow raised in frustration as he sat up properly, his tongue swiping against his lower lip.

"I payed. Therefore I do as I please" the man scowled, grabbing my wrist.

In the same moment he jumped up, pushing me into the wooden frame of the bed. Before his other hand could reach my breasts i quickly slapped him across the face, my breathing becoming hitched.

"oh. you fucked up." He chuckled, caressing his red cheek.

"Shove your money up your ass." I growled, yanking free of his grip.

I jogged towards the door, hearing his footsteps follow behind me lowly. Once again the loud music blared from the main room, my chest becoming tighter. I stepped out into the crowded room, Willems eyes flashing to me immediately. I winced as the man behind me pushed past me, his hard elbow hitting my forearm.

"Sort that stupid bitch out." He yelled towards willem.

"What happened?!" Willem scowled, shooting up from  his seat.

"She slapped me. Clearly you don't know how to control your women." The man growled, spitting on the floor.

My brows furrowed as I watched the man walk away to the exit, Willems dark eyes turning to me. His body swayed as he came closer, his facial expression hidden by the dim lights. I soon realised how he was feeling when he grabbed a handful of my hair, forcing my head backwards.

"let her go." Faye demanded, her heroic courage stopped by Cassius.

"You fucked up." Willem whispered, his grip tightening.

My eyes squinted slightly from the ache forming on my scalp, the next thing I knew I was on the floor. My vision blurred as my head hit the ground, everything around me becoming silent..